Chaser Database Entry Problem

Earlier today I worked Markus HB9DIZ using HB15SOTA on HB/JU-018. I tried to enter into the database and the drop down menu only shows HB/JU-001 - HB/JU-010. The summit reference appears to be valid.

Nick

I have seen my error, it is F/JU-018 not HB/JU-018 - Doh!!! I will leave this item in case anyone else makes the same mistake.

1 Like

I didn’t work HB9DIZ Markus myself Nick, well done, but it looks like the border summit callsign issue alluded to in another recent posting… Zugspitz being another good example (DL/OE).

73 Phil

FB Phil, What threw me I think was /JU for both HB and F and I have since looked on Open Street Map and can see that F/JU-018 activation area straddles the border. We have a few like that here in the UK of course, GW/SW-041 Black Mountain and G/SB-004 Peel Fell are good examples. I remember David G0EVV activating GM/SS-161 Lariston Fell from G. I like these anomalies!

1 Like

Hi Nick

Nice to have met you on Meix-Musy! Yes, the Jura landscape is “Jura” in both France and Switzerland, and the SOTA regions are both “JU” for F/JU and HB/JU. So this can be confusing, but this keeps our brains young, doesn’t it? And only the HB/JU summits offer credits for the HB15SOTA award at present, hi.

That summit was my funniest project of my holidays last week, cf also here: Activating EA2/NV border summits during current CV-19 restrictions - #20 by HB9DIZ. I was sitting 5 meters from the border stone since I had to remain Swiss due to licence conditions for HB15SOTA.

Looking at the border stone on Meix-Musy.

I’m doing such crossborder trainings from time to time with the community, mostly to keep them trained for such situations. That is part of my fun, hi, and may you all consider this fun, too. Other examples from my own past are border summits Napberg, DM/BW-461, Monte Generoso, HB/TI-101, where I was sitting on the Italian side of the summit, or Bschiesser, OE/TI-643, where I was sitting politely on the “right” (Austrian) side of the border.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Hi Markus
Thank you very much for showing the summit area of F/JU-018 it is certainly one that I would like to activate in the future.
My family all seem to have a thing about borders and we send each other WhatsApp clips when we cross any international or state border. Unfortunately I am not going abroad this year but hope to have some activations in England and Scotland when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.

Nick

1 Like