Already checked out your score for the HB15SOTA diploma? [Part 2]

Dear Paul,

I’m happy to hear that I could help you with at least canton FR and maybe in the near future with canton JU (see below).

Even with pretty bad conditions, I was able to make 34 contacts during 40 minutes from HB/FR-036 …

… with 5W SSB and my home brew 7-band EFHW antenna in a kind of inverted-L configuration:

Afterwards I activated Jolimont HB/BE-113 with its many bunkers from WW2 and visited the nearby peninsula St Petersinsel, from where one can easily spot this low summit.

On both summits I had a S2S chat with Markus @HB9DIZ (on one summit with my “normal” call) and therefore could reach HB15SOTA S2S level Enzian, because canton NE was the 14th canton that I was missing myself.

Future activation of canton JU and BL:
I aim to activate HB/JU-004 on the upcoming Wednesday, the 21st of April, in the later afternoon.
Before this summit, I probably activate HB/BL-013 for another German ham that desperately needs canton BL to reach level Edelweiss.

If my plans work as expected, which I assume, I’ll alert the more exact times the evening before.

Have fun with our great hobby and seize the day!

73 Stephan

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Markus and all the HB9SOTA team!
It’s been a lot of fun chasing HB15SOTA for the Edelweiss diploma.

I always have several things in my to-do list and I use to do them in a more or less improvised way when all the other necessary “planets” get aligned properly.
At this moment, I don’t know what will be next, other than my 6th and last chemo session on Tuesday, then a PET Scanner on May 3rd will tell what’s left of my cancer 2.0 after all these chemos. Hopefully nothing, but we’ll see…

You already know me at some extent and you know I always try to enjoy every day, every minute of my life, so, of course I’ll enjoy spring time as well as any other season. In Spain for now and as soon as Covid restrictions allow hopefully abroad too.

Thank you, Markus!

Guru

5 Likes

Thanks to Martin HB9LEK for being QRV on 80m/60m yesterday from HB/TG-004.
I was there but couldn’t copy him :frowning:
Propagation for this short distance (216km) is very poor in the last days, even on 80m/60m.
Maybe next time “CW” could it be magic :wink:
I don’t give up :v:
Still need three Cantons for “Full House”.

hb15sota

Thank you dear HB15SOTA activators!
Best regards from Munich
73, Mario DJ2MX

3 Likes

Well done Guru :grinning: :champagne:

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Stephan,
thank you for activating and, above all, announcing your
planned activation for tomorrow.
I am glad that you are doing so well.
Tomorrow I am on tour myself in the BM / TH area and will see
that I can reach you It would be nice if I could get JU too.
Good luck and see you next time
Best 73
Paul DL6FBK

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Great, I hope to catch you then for a S2S. I assume 60m should work.

I just added an alert for HB/BL-013 in the morning and in the afternoon for HB/JU-004.

The weather for this area tomorrow afternoon looks not too good, so I hope there are no nearby thunderstorms with flashes.

73 Stephan

1 Like

Possibly other awards…
Definitely enjoying spring and life.
I’ve finished today the hospital part of my 6th and last chemo, so, when I got home, I celebrated with tortellini, entrecot and delicious red wine from EA2/NV - Navarra :slight_smile:

A PET scanner on May 3rd will tell what’s left of this cancer 2.0
Hopefully just a burnt bug.

Guru

8 Likes

Great news Guru and a great picture :grinning: :champagne:
All the best.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Stephan,

a belated “thank you” for activation and report from FR-036!
I was on DM/BW-695 last Saturday, hoping for an S2S with you but conditions for such a short skip were not in our favour. To make it even worse, strong local QRM from somewhere near the castle emerged and covered the weak signals. I heard some of your chasers on 60 metres SSB but not a single beep from you :frowning:
Managed to work @HB9DIZ with marginal signals on 80 metres, though.

Hope to catch you today…
73, Roman

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your feedback, interesting!
To me the conditions look a bit better today than last Saturday.
But on the other side, I’m about 50km closer to DM/BW-695 than last Saturday.
Let’s hope for the best. I’ll take my extra coil for 80m, just in case. Now I have to leave.

73 Stephan

1 Like

Hi Guru

Happy to read here about success for yesterday and about your good meal. Enjoying here a glass of Spanish wine from time to time, too! Rioja, Tempranillo, . . . :slight_smile: Keeping fingers crossed for your final check.

And for all other friends of HB15SOTA: HB/BL and HB/JU are announced for today. Thanks Stephan – @DL6FBK and @DL8DXL and others will listen for you! A bright day here so far, hopefully also for chasing missing cantons for HB15SOTA diploma!.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

4 Likes

unfortunately nothing heard today, Stephan. But I have to admit, that my local noise level on the low bands is fairly high.
Thanks for trying! 73, Roman

Hi Roman,

Seems that Tuebingen is a bit too close for 60m, at least with the current conditions. I had my 80m coil with me, albeit I didn’t know if anybody would like to try out this band.

From both summits I had contacts with HB9DHA on 40m and 60m, who is even closer than you, but the signals on both bands were very week and barely readable.

Both @DL6FBK for JU and @DL8DXL that needed BL for a full house could work me, apart of many other stations that were looking for one or the other canton.

Following the photos from the activated summits that are both shack in the woods.

HB/BL-013 Stürmenchopf:

HB/JU-004 La Montagne/ Rechtenberg:

73 Stephan

6 Likes

Tomorrow I’ll activate HB/AG-007 at around 11:00z.

I will drive with a friend to the trail head using an older Twike, so the travel could take longer :sweat_smile:

Anyways, as always, one can follow me on aprs.fi, also while pedaling the Twike.

73 Stephan

2 Likes

I just need GL . Thanks in advance and good cheer to the activators waiting for conditions to improve before day 8.

73 Oscar

Hope to be there tmw around 0930 or earlier with HB15SOTA
73 s Bruno HB9CBR

3 Likes

Dear all

. . . so HB/GL is announced on CW on shortwave, may Bruno be successful and make you happy! All: check out your SOTAwatch, Sotlas Alert or let HamAlert alert you: Nüenchamm, HB/GL-045.

The last 3 weekends for HB15SOTA operations are ahead of us. HB9EAJ is in HB/AG, maybe also HB9FPM and HB9JOE in western Switzerland, and I’ll be in HB/TG for those in need and for those finding their microphone in time for a voice contact with me – call in, I’m looking forward to it!

:sun_with_face: In case you need Swiss cantons for your (regular) Helvetia H26 award please take note that our annual H26 contest takes place this weekend. The weather forecast is marvelous, and lets hope for good propagation!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

6 Likes

Hi Markus

Thanks very much for the tip about Bruno being on HB/GL today. I was lucky enough to get him so a big thank you to Bruno HB9CBR. I just need VS now!

Nick G4OOE

3 Likes

Hi Bruno,

Thank you very much for staying on the summit for so long time. HB-S5 propagation was not good enough in the morning to get you on your first 40m pass, and I missed you on 60m later :weary: But, I was lucky enough to get you on your second 40m pass later. This time signals were much stronger. So, I am very happy to get the last HB9 canton for my Edelweiss diploma :star_struck:

Mirko S52CU

3 Likes

This must be worth my first posting on the SOTA-reflector :blush:

Bruno, many thanks for activating GL today, as this was the last canton I was missing! Signals to OE1 were strong on 40m (your first band today), but the pile-up was huge!
Luckily I could get through quite early, thanks to your solid pile-up management skills. XYL had other plans, and I had to leave shortly after.
I only joined the HB15SOTA race in February, after discovering that home-office and SOTA chasing actually is quite compatible :wink:
So thanks a lot to all of the HB9SOTA team for a very nice and sometimes challenging activity.
And now I should get out of the shack myself, since all my clothes are fitting very tight recently…
73! Willy, oe1wyc, oe3wyc

3 Likes