Already checked out your score for the HB15SOTA diploma? [Part 1]

Stephan is a real S9 now.

1 Like

INCREDIBLE !
its signal was 22 and now 58, Yes second summit !

Congrats, Roger!
I heard your QSO with Stephan and when I heard the 58 report you gave him, I thought that it’s amazing how propagation changes over time and how many non copiable signals become copiable and even strong signals within just a few minutes.
Many of my SOTA chases are nulls in the begining but workable after a few minutes of patient QRV.
We have a saying in Spain that goes: “La paciencia es la madre de la ciencia” = “Patience is the mother of Science”
I don’t think it’s the mother of science, but definitely the key for success in many cases.

Guru

1 Like

Nice Stephan sigs on 60m now

Congrats, Roger!
I heard your QSO with Stephan and when I heard the 58 report you gave him, I thought that it’s amazing how propagation changes over time and how many non copiable signals become copiable and even strong signals within just a few minutes.
Many of my SOTA chases are nulls in the begining but workable after a few minutes of patient QRV.
We have a saying in Spain that goes: “La paciencia es la madre de la ciencia” = “Patience is the mother of Science”
I don’t think it’s the mother of science in this case, but definitely the key for success in this and many other cases.

Guru

2 Likes

Yes Guru
I noticed this propagation condx.
Often, I have to wait few minutes before to receive a copiable signal.
Here we have this proverb: “Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre” ==> All arrive if you know waiting !
73 QRO

2 Likes

Thanks, Markus, for your tireless efforts for HB15SOTA! Again one Canton down on my list.
I have a record of your pile up on 60 SSB - just need to find some time to edit, then I’ll post the link here :wink:
Keep going!
73, Roman

3 Likes

It was a blast, but also with some surprises.

On the first summit HB/NE-003 my internal battery in the FT818 started to make problems during activation on 60m. Luckily, I took a spare one with me, albeit on some frequencies it generated some QRM, due to the contained step-up converter. The conditions, especially on 60m were very changing, with deep QSB.

On the second summit HB/NE-006 something was wrong with my antenna, but EA7GV still managed to copy me on 20m. After some fiddling, somehow the SWR started to be reasonable again, but I really have to investigate the exact cause. The QRM and splatter on 40m was enormous and on 60m it was also not easy to somehow manage to find a partial free frequency. The strong signal on 5362 USB is still present.
Eric @F5JKK heard me initially on 5359 kHz when I asked if the frequency is in use and called me directly. That was probably the fastest contact I ever did during a SOTA activation!

The weather was like in deep winter, but not too cold (+/- 0C). I uploaded on each summit (SOTLAS and SOTLAS) two images to give some impressions.

Thanks again to all the chasers and I’m happy I could help some of you to get closer to the diploma!

73 Stephan

6 Likes

Merci beaucoup Stephan.
That’s so great from you to activate this Canton.
I do hope hear you soon.
73 QRO
Roger

1 Like

Bravo Éric et Merci Bruno pour l’activité HB/AR

1 Like

Thanks, Stephan, for the report, photos and for providing canton NE!
It was fun chasing you and with a little luck, propagation improved just enough to make the QSO possible on 40 metres :slight_smile:
Even though the temperature was around 0°C it somehow felt much colder without the warm sunshine we had the day before. So your effort is highly appreciated.
73, Roman

2 Likes

Dear all

So don’t miss Bruno, HB9CBR, today March 22, 2021, from canton HB/AR. Since Bruno is our CW guy, this canton remains also on my personal list for some SSB fun within the next few weeks.

Enjoy, Bruno, and thanks to all chasers listening for us!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

2 Likes

Tks all HB activators :+1: :wink:

Just worked Bruno @HB9CBR was the last needed HB canton for HB15SOTA diploma !

73 Éric

6 Likes

Congrat’s Fabio @IK2LEY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you Eric, Bruno gave me the last HB15SOTA canton… :slightly_smiling_face:
73 Fabio

1 Like

Nice one merci :wink:

73 Éric

7 Likes

Thanks to Bruno @HB9CBR and Stephan @HB9EAJ I worked AR and NE, … now just one is still missing!

Thanks to HB9SOTA SOTA Gruppe Schweiz for nice challange, … hope to complete it soon.

73 de Boris 9A2GA

4 Likes

Thanks for all the activating! I have really enjoyed chasing for these diplomas.
I have the first 2 diplomas but still 6 cantons away for the final.
GL,VD,AI,GR,UR and VS remain for me! I use a dipole antenna so occasionally it’s hard to complete. Thanks to Bruno, Juerg and all the activators!
Gary K3TCU

2 Likes

Thanks, Markus, for the heads up.
I’ve been mowing the grass this morning in my house at the village where I have my remote station, but before starting the job, I switched the remote station into local home station and left my TS-940S switched ON with the antenna connected as a way to be QRV and also to let it warm up a bit and burn some spider webs that might have grown inside due to the lack of use.
The grass was a bit long but not much and it was not wet as many other times before thanks to the wind we’ve been having over the last days, so the mowing went fast and easy. I was done by almost 1 PM and I got inside directly to the shack. A quick look to SOTAwatch showed me that Bruno was right then on 30m. There I went and chased him right away.
A few minutes later, a couple of other HB activators showed up on 30m too and I easily chased them. 30m is the perfect band for me to chase HB9 at around noon.
This is my log, which doesn’t need to switch ON, never switches OFF because it doesn’t use any batteries and it’s GREAT! :wink:

Thanks, Bruno, for the activation of HB15SOTA from HB/AR Canton and the nice QSO right in time.
Thanks also to Thomas and Marcel for activating on 30m and the nice QSOs with very good signals.

Guru

3 Likes

Chapeau bas Éric ! Bravo !

6 Likes