Already checked out your score for the HB15SOTA diploma? [Part 1]

Thanks Heinz, hi – no such thoughts resp. intentions here. Speaking here of Valais and French language from the viewpoint of this activation taking place in the French part of the canton. The solution of all remaining language problems in our setting is English – had never struggled in this topic before.

The end of the diploma period for HB15SOTA in May will probably reduce the communication on this topic. Had noted additionally that many of the audience appreciate communication on the non-technical aspects of our hobby and enjoy also some more words for the same story from time to time.

73, Markus

2 Likes

Hi Markus @HB9DIZ
This is the right place I think, thanks for the help you give for the poor french chasers hunting this nice award ! :+1:
By the way can call you in English too :crazy_face:
73 Éric

3 Likes

I just added an alert for HB/NE-003 on Sunday at 11:30 UTC.
As always, one can follow me e.g. on aprs.fi for HB9EAJ-7 or look at SOTA2APRS. Never done SOTA in this canton before.

It will be probably an easy hike (longer but still easy if a closed-by road is closed), and if time and weather permits, I will activate another NE summit afterwards.

The weather in the nearby city of La Chaux-de-Fonds looks like it will be cloudy, probably with light snow and a temperature of max. 0C.

The official language in canton Neuchâtel (in German Neuenburg) is French and according Wikipedia still 6% speak German and even 3.3% speak English.

Anyways, I will call in English :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As @HB9DIZ already mentioned, this canton has only four summits, but that is four more than in the canton I live: Basel-Stadt (the canton of Basel city) :dizzy_face:

73 Stephan

4 Likes

Super Stephan !
I will be in the Starting-Blocks.
73 QRO
Roger

1 Like

I listen and chase that one as much as I can. I have been fortunate to get a few on this side of the pond. I already submitted a request for the diploma. I will keep looking and hopefully get some more.

I just got my ALPENROSE/RHODODENDRONS/ROSA DELLE ALPI/CRESTA-COT

And with hard work I got those…
John Paul // AB4PP (North Carolina)

4 Likes

Thanks Markus for the new Canton !

1 Like

Thanks Stephen @HB9EAJ for this new :+1:
Now go to my last : HB/AR

73 Éric

Edit
Joined by Roger too :wink:

3 Likes

Happy here to have helped you and many others, Roger and Eric. The pile up was quite challenging on 40. The place on the real summit is beautiful and quite easy in winter times and just big enough to deploy an EFHW with a 10-m-mast.

Stephan HB9EAJ is already active in HB/NE, so don’t miss him, hi. AR and ZG will certainly be populated until May, too. Nothing heard from across the pond unfortunately.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

3 Likes

Many Thanks for the new Canton dear Stephan.
Now I need one QSO from HB/ZG.
I’m ready to have a sked for s2s for last Canton.
Any takers ?
73 QRO de Roger

1 Like

I’ve only seen him spotted on 60m SSB and he was not copiable here on SSB.

I was hoping to find him on some other band, but I haven’t seen any other spot so far…
I’m loosing my hopes…

I still have several missed cantons:

Guru

1 Like

Hi Guru,

Stephan was QRV right in time :

Here his alert :

73 Éric

1 Like

May be Stephan will activate a second summit.
I’m following him on APRS HB9EAJ-7

Hi Guru

Losing hope is not your style. There are some missing in your listing, but there is still some time to cope with that, hi. Simply check out my listing! And gentians and alpine roses are also considered gems here, not only edelweiss! :slight_smile:

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Still here now

Oh, thanks Éric for the info. I had not checked the Alerts, I only saw the very last spot at 12h00 and I wrongly assumed it was the 1st spot. However, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have copied Stephan on 20m or 40m that early.

Guru

1 Like

Don’t worry, Markus, I only was loosing hope to chasing Stephan today, but I’m sure there will be other chances.
I had been working HB15SOTA stations since the beginning but I admit I did it without paying any attention to which Cantons they where activating from nor how many of them I had worked or I was missing. It was thanks to you creating this thread and Éric + Roger interest in working all the Cantons, that I have now got the interest about it too.
Thank you!

Guru

3 Likes

NIL. Not a whisper from Stephan nor any of his chasers on 14.320 now…

Happy you worked him on 40m :+1: Guru congrat’s

nil here

1 Like

I listened Guru’s QSO, but signal is really weak here.

Yeah!
It was finally possible on 40m!
One Canton less on my (still long) way to Edelweyss…

Guru

2 Likes