Alive and kicking

Thank you for the SOTA DX contact yesterday while I was on W1/HA-010! Used an Elecraft AX-1 vertical antenna on this end! 73 Bob AC1Z

1 Like

Glad you are coming along so quickly, and hope to work you again soon!
Scott WB8ICQ

1 Like

Tnx Guru for chasing me on Sunday :wink:
All the best !

73, Jarek

1 Like

This is just to give you an update.
I’m slowly recovering my strength, although I’m not yet at S9. After the operation, I’ve been at S3 or so for some days not being able to do much more than being sitting in the shack or laying in bed or the sofa. It looks like the extreme weakness of those days is starting to be overcome and I have started doing some walks around home on flat areas. I’m at S6 now.
I saw my surgeon last Feb 10th and he confirmed to me that the operation was a complete success and the cancer got fully cut off and extracted.
I’ve seen my oncologist today and we have agreed on the final step to make sure some remaining potential risks of a future cancer reproduction will be eliminated.
In this final step, I’l have to receive 6 more chemotherapy sessions over the next 3 months, one session every 2 weeks, starting next March 4th. This will be pretty much like the 6 chemotherapy sessions I got last summer and it wasn’t pleasant, honestly, but it wasn’t too bad. This will be the final fight and I hope I’ll be a fully cured cancer-free man for now and for the future by the middle of this summer.
My doctor told me I could well decide not to take this final treatment if I wanted to, but she highly recommended it to me and although it’s going to be another hard time, I definitely thought I can’t stop this fight now and leave even a medium potential risk for the cancer to reproduce, so I decided to take this final treatment and give the final fight to definitely win and forget the cancer, hopefully forever.

In the mean time, I’ll try to keep chasing SOTA on a daily basis and even activating some easy ones from time to time, if possible.
Best 73,

Guru

21 Likes

Your decision to take the final treatment is entirely in keeping with your strong fight against the cancer Guru. I’d have expected nothing less from you.

Great news about your continuing successful treatment.

2 Likes

Guru, I wish you S9++++
73!
Vlad

1 Like

Keep going Guru, it has been a long hike but the summit is in sight :smile:
73 Barry

1 Like

Sending you very best wishes on your road to recovery Guru.
Roger MW0IDX

1 Like

Good luck, Guru. I keep my fingers crossed and wish you a good recovery.

Peter

1 Like

Best wishes for the final phase of your treatment Guru. We all look forward to having you back 100% fully fit and out on the hills once again.

73, Gerald

3 Likes

Hi Guru,
Thanks for chasing last time !
Keep strong & I will wait for S2S with You !

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hi Guru,
this is nothing else but the right time to stay in the camp base, study the weather forecast, check the signs and be ready for when it is time to head towards the summit again.

Meanwhile, I’m glad to hear you on air chasing from the tent…
73 de Ignacio

3 Likes

I was very tempted to go activating somewhere today and I even top-charged my LiFePo4 battery, but the morning and begining of the afternoon was busy with SOTA chasing and some home chores, as well as cooking lunch for myself and my daughters when they finished their school classes at 3 PM. I made the idea of going for a drive-up summit right after lunch, but I confess that, right after lunch, I only wanted to get some relax and resting on the sofa while monitoring SOTAwatch for any possible chaseable NA activator, as it was the case with Bob AC1Z.
May be I’ll go somewhere on Sunday…

Guru

1 Like

Me alegro de lo que cuentas y de escucharte en radio persiguiendo Cumbres.

1 Like

Such good news !!!

73 de Dani EA5M

1 Like

Hi Guru,

your recovery proceeds steadily so make sure you don’t set it back by over-exerting yourself.

Listen to the body. If it is saying “stay home, have a nap, then chase SOTA” that’s clearly what you should do. :slight_smile:

Sleep is very good for your recovery.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

1 Like

Dear Andrew,
You can be sure I won’t over do and all I’m doing is taking care of myself and having as much rest and easy life as I can have. During the last days when I was feeling too weak, I’ve been sleeping until noon and even 1 pm just because that was what I felt like doing and myself was needing.
The recovery ability of a young, healthy and strong body like mine just amazes me. I was operated just 1 month ago and I’m currently able to walk for nearly 1 hour at about 5 or 6 Km/h. My improvement over the last 3 or 4 days has just been great. I still have 11 days before my chemo starts, so I’ll keep walking everyday in order to build as much strengh as I can while being happy and having fun playing SOTA.
Everything’s going allright and so it will keep being.

Guru

3 Likes

Dear Guru,
Thank you for chasing me on my two activations yesterday and I hope you recover fast and you’ll enjoy climbing summits with full strength soon!
73 Stephan, HB9EAJ

1 Like

Guru, no sabia de tu operación. Me alegro que todo haya ido bien y te deseo una pronta recuperación.
Antonio, EA4MY

1 Like

Hola Guru,

Glad everything went well. Get well soon and hopefully catch you on the air this summer. Take care.

Arnaud

2 Likes