Alive and kicking

Dear all,
I’m immensely happy to communicate that not only Tuesday operation went very well, but also the recovery at the hospital and I have got back home this afternoon. Only 5 days after my belly got open from top to bottom and my guts were moved and partly removed.
This is me right after the doctor gave his OK for me to leave the hospital:
imagen
And this is me once back home after landing in my shack:
imagen
I have already chased my first SOTA (EA5M -congrats Dani for your new vanity call), so be prepared to hear me chasing and I hope I’ll be also activating in a not too long time.
Thank you so much for your very kind and great support.
Best 73,

Guru :smiley:

27 Likes

. . . Guru, restless, hi. But lean back at least! :wink:

Follow your way - as long as you feel good with it. :four_leaf_clover:

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

1 Like

Great news, welcome home Guru! :smile:

1 Like

I am please to hear that you are now back at home Guru, I hope you manage to make a full recovery at home and soon you’ll be back out activation SOTA summits.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Wow! You’re looking really good. :grinning: All the best with your continued recovery and take it steady.

73, Gerald

1 Like

Yes! May I say welcome home Guru as well!

Remember - slowly, slowly with the rest of the recovery but you are certainly looking to have come through the operation very well and we are all very happy about that!

73 Ed.

1 Like

I did wonder where you were during my activations last week with good propagation to Spain on 40 and 60m.

Now I know, get well soon Guru, keep taking the tablets, thinking about you.
Regards
David
G0EVV

1 Like

Hola Guru.
Me alegro mucho de tu recuperación. Pronto te oiremos desde el monte.

2 Likes

Querido Guru @EA2IF !
se te ve en la imágenes con un aspecto formidable. Eso demuestra la fuerza que conservas. Oye, debo decirte que me sorprendió mucho cuando te escuche. Llegue a pensar que habías instalado algo por la ventana del hospital, hi hi. Bromas a parte, estate al tanto por que esta semana también estaré muy activo y espero escucharme muchas veces. Pero sobre todo, cuídate mucho tu recuperación, que deseamos sea lo mas breve posible.
Un fuerte abrazo, te espero !!!
73 de Dani EA5Mountain.

1 Like

Prayers sent for a quick recovery Guru. Be safe and don’t relapse
doing too much. Always good to hear you on the bands.
de John Paul // AB4PP

1 Like

Glad to have you back, Guru. The EA SOTA stations have been very strong lately here in Texas.
73, Don AC7P

1 Like

I told you and I’m back to the grind of chasing Northamerican activators.
Today, I had the pleasure to chase George KX0R activating W0C/FR-085 and also Paul N1ZF activating W1/HA-015.
My friend Ignacio EA2BD payed me a visit today and he took me this photo while I was chasing Paul @N1ZF.

A bit later, Ignacio EA2BD also chased Paul from my QTH, but I didn’t take a photo. Shame!

Guru

10 Likes

:unamused:

1 Like

Dear Guru, You looks great on your pictures after the big surgery.
Wishing you a fast and full recovery.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
73 Attila

1 Like

Dear Guru
I’m very happy to see that you are back home!
I think doing what you love must have a positive impact on any recovery, but don’t over do it :grin:

All the best on your way to recovery!
73 Sabrina HB3XTZ

1 Like

Speedy Recovery! I need you back on the air :smiley:

Kent K9EZ

1 Like

I’m already back on the air. See below my chases yesterday and today up to now. I have just chased Paula @K9IR a very short while ago.

What I’m craving for is to be back out in the mountains, but I need to be fully recovered for that and it’s not yet the time.It will come sooner rather than later, as I’m feeling really well and a bit better each day passing by. Hopefully I’ll be ready to activate some of the drive up summits around my QTH soon and later I’ll tackle more ambitious endeavours.
Thanks very much to all of you for so many good words and wishes.

Guru

12 Likes

Glad to hear you’re back on air Guru, hopefully you’ll be back on the mountains soon.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

1 Like

Guru, tnx so much for chasing me earlier today. It was great as always to log you.

Good to hear you are seeing progress each day in your recovery. Be patient with yourself. Prayers your way for continued quick recovery, and that you’ll be back on the summits soon.

73 Paula k9ir

1 Like

Good report Guru. I look forward to your next summit. Keeps us healthy!
73 Scott kw4jm

1 Like