A SOTA Mountain Goat for the family — and for Marcel, DM3FAM

Baaaa! :goat:

Dear all

Doing SOTA is not that much easy if your first hobby and geocentre is your family and the kid. Marcel, DM3FAM, has found his way to combine all of them. He has collected the last points today for his first SOTA Mountain Goat on the Hummelskopf hill nearby Tuttlingen on a holiday day trip. Congratulations, Marcel!

We had met somehow some time ago, when Marcel still had his former novice licence callsign DO5TMM. Since he lives in the Black Forest region, it was obvious that S2S contacts would follow every now and then, even on 2 m FM. Marcel has even managed to upgrade to a full licence despite the family tasks. The new frequency bands made SOTA more interesting and also easier.

I’m looking forward to many more contacts further down the log. And I won’t ever forget Marcel’s callsign since the suffix “FAM” in his callsign certainly stands for “FAMily”. Enjoy!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

13 Likes

Well done to Marcel, on getting to :goat: (goat) level in just 4 years and 4 months!

73 Ed.

1 Like

Congrats, Marcel. Well done!

73, Roman

1 Like

Congrats Marcel @DM3FAM !

Keep up the motivation and enjoy SOTA and family time on the mountains.

73, Joe

1 Like

Congrats Marcel!

73 Jens HB9EKO

1 Like

Hello Marcel

Congratulations

I am curious to see when we will meet once at a summit.

73 Armin

2 Likes

Well done, Marcel!
73, Fabio

1 Like

Well done and good luck.Marcel. 73 Don.

1 Like

Thanks Markus @HB9DIZ for the nice contribution to reach the mountain goat achievement.

We have experienced almost half of all activations together as a family. To combine hobby and family is possible. You have to find compromises or just the one or other ice on a summit hi.

Markus @HB9DIZ. I’m looking forward to our other upcoming S2S QSOs. I also appreciate our contact outside the amateur radio frequencies.

Roman @DL3TU. I was able to meet you personally on the Herzogenhorn (DM/BW-002) some time ago. It was very nice to meet you there.

Armin @DL6GCA. I would be very happy if we also meet on one or the other summit.

Don @G0RQL. I think I would be able to hear your voice from the smallest noise. Thank you for the many QSOs!

Thanks also to Ed @DD5LP, Fabio @IK2LEY, Joe @OE5JFE for the congratulations.

Jens @HB9EKO. I am looking forward to our first QSO between us. I keep my ears open.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

5 Likes

Congrats Marcel for this achievement!

73 Clemens | DD2TC

1 Like

Hello Clemens @DD2TC. I am very happy that your first post here in the reflector is in this post. Thanks for the congratulations. Looking forward to our upcoming QSOs and as you always say, wish 4+ with every activation :slight_smile:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Congratulations to Marcel on the first mountain goat and keep it up …

in3adf, markus

1 Like

Congratulations Marcel on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Thanks Markus @IN3ADF and Jimmy @M0HGY.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Congratulations Marcel on achieving Mountain Goat!

Rumen, LZ2AF

1 Like