A Mountain Goat for René, HB9CRY

Dear all

Congratulations to René, HB9CRY! He met his Mountain Goat on a beautiful day trip to the Southern Vosges today and is #41 in the Swiss herd now. Like others here, he has found a satisfying part of the amateur radio hobby, providing health and joy.

His Mountain Goat is unique in a very special sense: René has activated 100% unique summits so far. He and HB9EWO are the only two with this additional gem on their goat here in HB9!

René has already hiked to some tougher summits and has already been above 3,000 m.a.s.l. contrary e.g. to me. On the other side, winter time (with the SOTA bonus period here) doesn’t seem to be his season so far, hi. He is an SSB/FM guy like me and always positive and friendly.

I had met René many years ago here in Lucerne when he was the VHF traffic manager of our local Radio Club of Lucerne (HB9LU). We had lost contact for decades then after his relocation away from here. So I was happy to see his callsign more frequently since he was also hiking for SOTA now.

René is an IT professional providing the website “SOTA Trails” (in German) for our local HB9 community with lots of trail tracks, pictures and comments around our SOTA summits. Since he travels quite often by public transports, there are also hints on bus and train stops on his service.

Thanks a lot, René, for your dedication to SOTA and the summits, and continue to enjoy it, together with your new young goat and us, your chasers and co-activators!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

14 Likes

CONGRATS Rene!
Ken

Congrats Rene, it was a pleasure to be with you on your final way to MG.

1 Like

Congratulations René!

73 Ed DD5LP.

Congratulations Rene!
Good luck on your next activations and many thanks for sharing your SOTA experiences on your excellent website and on Instagramm.

Vy73 and take care
Fritz HB9CSA / DL4FDM

Congrats René.
73 Jens HB9EKO

Congratulations Rene on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations René!

Lee - N7LP

Many thanks to all
Special thanks to @HB9DIZ for this great report about me and my activations
Special thanks also @HB9DBM, it’s always a great pleasure to do activations together with you

HB9CRY - René

2 Likes

Hoi Rene, I congratulate you on your goat, I remember myself well when I was sitting in your living room and you wanted to know everything about SOTA. And now you did it.

73 de hb9fvk (ruedi)

Congratulation Rene!
73, Fabio

Thank you so much @HB9FVK that you motivated me to start with SOTA

73 de HB9CRY, René

Congratulations! I only got aware this morning, that our S2S contact yesterday was part of your mountain goat activation!
I look forward to many more contacts!
73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

Congratulations René on achieving Mountain Goat!

Rumen, LZ2AF

hi Rene
Congratulations and tks for S2S of today
73 de HB9BIN, Juerg

Congrats and well Done. Rene.73 Don.

Hoi René
Zwar etwas verspätet, aber dafür um so herzlicher: Herzliche Gratulation auch von uns zum 1. Mountain Goat :clap: :clap: …und bis bald :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC