A great success

Hi guys,

Thank you for checking in with me on my first SOTA activation. I hiked to summit W1/NL-010 on a spur-of-the-moment and didn’t know what to expect. I’m so glad I did because I ended up logging 11 new friends.

I have a couple of questions though. Hopefully they are not to far off topic.

1. Is there a way to fix a busted call in my activation log?
    2… If I log an incorrect call will the chasing station still get credit for the summit?

Working CW from a mountain top is a lot more difficult then it seems. Hopefully I didn’t make to many mistakes. I’m still learning.

73, fred WX1S

12 Likes

Hi Fred,

Congrats on your first SOTA activation and welcome to the group! You know, this can be addictive!

To your questions (which are not at all off-topic):

1. There is no way to make corrections in the database. The only way is to delete the activation and up-load the log again. Therefore most activators use a program to create a log file in csv format that they up-load to the SOTA db. I am using FLE, but there are other options. With such a program you can make corrections in your offline log, delete the one in the SOTA db and upload again. It only takes a few mouse clicks. In lack of a locally stored file the simplest work around would be to download the existing log, change it in e.g. excel and up-load it again.

2. Yes, the credits in all cases are independent of the other station logging the contact. I think that the team issuing awards does spot checks and might raise questions if there are too many unmatched QSOs but in general it is not required to have the other station up-load a log.

Hope to work you soon!

73 Heinz

EDIT: This has been discussed earlier: Fixing logged errors About half-way down the thread is a link to FLE- Fast Log Entry by DF3CB

2 Likes

You can also download the activation log from the database if you don’t already have it in CSV format.

1 Like

Hi Fred, congratulations for your first activation and a great video. Well done and welcome to the fraternity :+1: :grinning:

HNY to you and cheers- :beers: :beers:

73 Geoff vk3sq

Hi guys,
Thanks for the information. Raining here for the next few days but I’m hoping to get back out towards the end of the week. I have a new telescoping fishing pole to try out.
Thanks again and Happy New Year,
fred WX1S

1 Like