60 m activation OK/HB9CBR/P

DL2DXA Informed me today that 60 m in OK is not allowed for operators who do not own a czech callsign.
My apologies, I was not aware of that fact. I therefore have and will cancel all 60m QSO s i have made as OK/HB9CBR/P.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
73 de Bruno HB9CBR

4 Likes

:cry: Tks Bruno

Waiting now for 60m Czech operator :+1: :crazy_face:
73 Éric
F5JKK

deleting 2 QSO

Can you get a Czech call sign? :smiley:

Kent K9EZ

1 Like

Hello Bruno @HB9CBR. Even though it hit you, it’s nice of you to let us know. I didn’t know about 60m either and am now informed if I should be QRV from OK.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Hi Eric,
Maybe one day … OK8MA :wink:
73, Jarek

2 Likes

No problem Bruno, although it is unfortunate for your effort, here the contact has been removed from the log, see you soon at another summit

I have checked the CEPT Länderliste on the darc.de homepage and could not find any restriction for 60m under CEPT regulations. This list is usually very accurate and my prime reference for operating in Europe. Could some of our friends from OK eventually comment, if there is something in the local Czech regulations that we cannot see here…

I spent two days in the Czech Republic and did not use 60m. Living not far from OK-land I feel left out as a chaser if visitors to OK cannot use 60m.

73 Heinz

PS: Is this the reason why Phil, Vic and Jarek have OK callsigns?

3 Likes

Hi Heinz, I applied for OK callsign to make activation more easy and faster. About a hałf of my activations were in OK due to my home QTH location :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hello Heinz

Like Jarek, no, Victor and I did not get the licences so we could operate on the 60m band in Czech Republic.

We have never operated on 60m in Czech Rep. We got the licences for the same reason as Jarek. The licence is an impressive document, more impressive in appearance than the CEPT paperwork and the UK HAREC licence document. In fact, when we were challenged on a summit near Prague by two military looking guys a few years ago, asking what we were doing, we showed them our Czech licences and they were satisified, leaving us to carry on with our activation.

73 Phil (OK8CDX)

4 Likes

I have received information outside of the reflector that it is unfortunately true that operators under a CEPT license cannot use 60 m in the Czech Republic. The reason is that the CEPT license covers only those bands that were around in 2005, when CEPT was implemented. Bands which were added later, like 500 kHz, 5 MHz or 70 MHz, are not part of the CEPT agreement.

This can all be found here: Technical and Operational Conditions for Amateur Radiocommunication Service | ÄŚeskĂ˝ Radioklub (scroll down to Annex 1).

Now I ask our German friends to pass this information on to the DARC to update their CEPT Länderliste.

73 Heinz

3 Likes

Thank you Heinz @OE5EEP for the information and your research.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Another reason to get an OK8 licence :wink:

Does anyone know if it is the same in France? I’m hoping to get out sometime to see my sister and activate summits. I was going to take 60m with so Eric F5JKK (who lives close to my sister) could chase me too. I did look into getting a French call for use when out there but the French telecoms authority have made it difficult to get a French licence if you don’t live in France. Shame.

2 Likes

Thank you Heinz for the research, and i am glad that my trust in DL2DXA s information was justified.

73 de Bruno HB9CBR

Dear friends,

Don’t make hasty actions and don’t delete the qso logs at 60m.

From the quoted regulations, the holder of the Czech license also cannot use the 60 m band.
The most important question is on what terms the 60 m band can be used by OK license holders.

I don’t see any difference in the availability of bands for OK license holders or for CEPT license holders - analyzing the quoted regulations.

Section 2 (2) states who can to operate a station on the territory of the Czech Republic (OK).
Section 4 (2) states what maximum power output are allowed to operate in the bands listed in annex 1 in table 1.
The section 4 regulations apply to anyone who operates a station on the territory of OK.

The national frequency allocation table (Plán přidělení kmitočtových pásem (národní kmitočtová tabulka)) decides whether a given band is approved for use by the amateur radiocommunication service.
It contains supplementary information:
[5.133B] “Stations in the amateur service using the frequency band 5 351.5-5 366.5 kHz shall not exceed a maximum radiated power of 15 W (e.i.r.p.).”
vide → National Frequency Table / Národní Kmitočtová Tabulka

In my opinion, there are no grounds to claim that the holder of the CEPT license isn’t entitled to operate in OK in the 60 meter band, or in any other band, where the holder of the OK license may conduct such activity.
Moreover, Recommendation T/R 61-01 on page 4 clearly states: “The CEPT License permits utilization of all frequency bands allocated to the Amateur Service and Amateur Satellite Service and authorized in the country where the amateur station is to be operated.” .

I’m counting on an explanation from our colleagues from OK, confirmed by legal sources.

However, I see that in OK the use of /m and /p is obligatory.

Jacek SQ9MDN

4 Likes

In Slovakia was bands 500 kHz, 5 MHz and 70 MHz, extra of our standard licence.
One year ago, rules was change. Many years we had rules, similar how in Czech Republic.

73 Michal

3 Likes

I found the topic very interesting. I got in touch with a radio friend and knocked on CTU.cz’s door. After the topic of OK8 callsigns was clarified, I asked about the 60m band. Yes, a special permit must be issued for this. I didn’t ask exactly why - it’s just the way it is. 60m requires a separate permit.

73 de Marcel DM3FAM - OK8FA :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m intruiged why OK8 cannot use the band (just for interest).
There are special conditions attached to the use of 60 m in the UK for UK licence holders (e.g. being contactable by telephone) so maybe there’s something similar in OK.

I have now made an enquiry regarding this issue and am waiting to hear back.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Today I received feedback in which it is mentioned again that every radio amateur in the Czech Republic must apply for this permit if he/she/it wants to operate on 60m.

Odůvodnění

Úřad obdržel žádost o udělení oprávnění. Podmínka D.1 byla stanovena v souladu s plánem přidělení kmitočtových pásem (národní kmitočtová tabulka), kdy kmitočtové pásmo 5351,5–5366,5 kHz je přiděleno amatérské službě na podružné bázi (podružná služba) a kdy dále dochází ke sdílení s přednostními službami pevná a pohyblivá (kromě letecké pohyblivé). Úřad pro úplnost uvádí, že v souladu s ustanoveními 5.28 až 5.31 národní kmitočtové tabulky, využíváním rádiových kmitočtů v rámci podružné služby nesmí dojít ke vzniku škodlivého rušení vůči stanicím přednostních služeb, jimž jsou kmitočty již přiděleny nebo budou přiděleny později. Dále, využití v rámci podružné služby nemá nárok na ochranu před škodlivým rušením od stanic přednostní služby, jimž jsou kmitočty již přiděleny nebo budou přiděleny později a dále, že využití v rámci podružné služby si může nárokovat ochranu před škodlivým rušením od stanic téže nebo jiné podružné služby, jimž mohou kmitočty být přiděleny později než jim. Dále, v souladu s ustanovením 5.133B národní kmitočtové tabulky byla stanovena hodnota maximálního vyzářeného výkonu na 15 W (e.i.r.p).

Úřad žádosti vyhověl udělením předmětného oprávnění i z toho důvodu, že rádiové kmitočty v bodě B.1 nejsou uvedeny ve vyhlášce č. 156/2005 Sb., o technických a provozních podmínkách amatérské radiokomunikační služby. Z tohoto důvodu, před provedením úpravy příslušné vyhlášky, byly také stanoveny podmínky D.2 až D.4 za účelem dosažení účelu harmonizace pásma podle závěrů Světové Radiokomunikační konference 2015 a dále reflektování HF Managers Handbook IARU.

Justification

The Authority has received an application for authorisation. Condition D.1 was imposed in accordance with the frequency band allocation plan (National Frequency Table), where the frequency band 5351,5-5366,5 kHz is allocated to an amateur service on a secondary basis (secondary service) and where there is further sharing with the priority fixed and mobile services (excluding aeronautical mobile).
For completeness, the Authority notes that, in accordance with the provisions of clauses 5.28 to 5.31 of the national frequency table, the use of radio frequencies in the ancillary service must not cause harmful interference to stations
Priority Service stations to which frequencies have already been allocated or will be allocated at a later date. Furthermore, use in the secondary service shall not be entitled to protection against harmful interference from priority service stations to which frequencies are already allocated or will be allocated at a later date and further, that a use in a secondary service may claim protection from harmful interference from stations in the same or another secondary service to which frequencies may be allocated later than to them. Furthermore, in accordance with clause 5.133B of the National Frequency Table, the maximum radiated power has been set at 15 W (e.i.r.p).

The Authority granted the application by granting the authorisation in question also on the grounds that the radio frequencies in B.1. are not listed in Decree No 156/2005 Coll. on the technical and operational conditions of the amateur radio service. For this reason, prior to the modification of the relevant Decree, they were also conditions D.2 to D.4 were set in order to achieve the purpose of harmonisation of the band according to the conclusions of the World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 and to reflect the IARU HF Managers Handbook.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

I am very glad that the problem is being solved. Marcel good job.
The Czech license holder, including the OK8 holder, must obtain an additional permit to work in the 60 m band.
Issue not resolved:
The holder of the CEPT license, as long as he does not work for more than 90 days, does not need a Czech license, and theoretically a permit to work in the 60 m band - because this band is allowed for the amateur radio service. Especially since Recommendation T/R 61-01 on page 4 clearly states: “The CEPT License permits utilization of all frequency bands allocated to the Amateur Service and Amateur Satellite Service and authorized in the country where the amateur station is to be operated.” .
The problem of OK8 seems to me to be clearly explained, but the issue of the CEPT license holder, not yet.

1 Like