60,000 points s2s for KXØR

George congratulations! I intend to make S2S a priority this coming year in my activations. One of my first S2S was with KX0R and that one made me laugh/cry out loud after all the effort I put into learning how to do this stuff! A goal had been reached!

When I started SOTA in summer of 2020 I was “working” based out in Colorado but because of Cv19 I had basically the whole summer off. I think I hit 35 or so SOTA mountains (in Colorado) that summer but kept seeing KX0R in the logs. I was in the best shape of my life since soccer/cross country in high School. Let me tell you-George is no spring chicken numerically but the sheer volume puts him in elite among humans category regardless of age!

One mountain I had my eye on was Centralia on the Colorado front range. Up until I did it George was the only activator (like 15-20x) There was a reason for that! He wrote about the mountain “don’t mess with this one unless you are physically fit and know what your doing” or something similar. After training all summer I did Centralia without incident (except added 2 xtra miles getting somewhat lost on way down) lol but when I stood atop and completed my activation I stood next to a giant!

Good luck on your next 60K George!

Erik
KE8OKM

3 Likes

Always looking forward to hearing George out there…! Congrats my friend. Way to knock it out of the park!

KG6LI

2 Likes