60,000 points s2s for KXØR

Well done, George, although I suspect you are not keeping track of the points. Thanks for the two s2s CW contacts this week while in Colorado and the hundreds of other s2s from back East.
Stay well & 73!
Mike, WB2FUV

1 Like

His CW record is already startling, Heinz. Nothing left to prove. He leads #2 by about 12,000 points s2s CW and by about 1,900 contacts s2s CW.

Elliott, K6EL

2 Likes

My comment was related to this ranking here, Elliott:

…what a great achievement!

Congratulations - Armin

1 Like

George, thanks for the many QSOs. Amazing achievement.

Congrats, George!! I always love hearing your S2S call…
All the best from your KX cousin,
—Jeff KX6I

1 Like

Hi George,
Congratulations for your many regular activities several times each week ! You are my top activator with soon 600 contacts !
73’s and Happy Merry Christmas.
Chris F4WBN

3 Likes

What an amazing accomplishment George! Congratulations! Many times, I’ve sat at home sipping tea, thinking it was too cold to get out, only to see an alert pop up that KX0R is on a summit somewhere! At those moments I think to myself…this guy certainly has chunks of ice floating in his veins. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Cheers, and 73!

Congrats, Geo!
That’s a lotta S2S’s. Thanks for a lot of NON-S2Ss over the years.
Keep it up !
John, K6YK, old codger shack sloth.

1 Like

I get a bit excited when I see a Spot from Carey as I most always hear him with a great signal for a S2S.
Keep up the good work and CU on the bands,
73, Dale

1 Like

AC1Z-Congratulations! You sure enjoy being outside in the mountains! I’ll always remember joint activating North Diamond Peak W0C/PR-072 with you in September of 2022, it was a pleasure! You always have a good signal. CU on the air! 73, Bob AC1Z

1 Like

Congratulations Carey. Super achievement.

1. Mike - ke5akl
1 Like

Thanks to all of you! So many of you have heard that weak little signal beneath the pile - S2S S2S - and you’ve answered, and stayed on it, until we got the contact!

Thanks to all of you patient chasers who have waited while we got those contacts, sometimes followed by another S2S!

It’s been fun, and it will stay fun, as there are more and more people on now - the first few years S2S contacts were very special and much more rare. The first 1000 points were like magic!

For many years I did most of them by listening - hunting - or being found by another activator. Using a phone to see them started late last year - and there’s no going back!

I use a KX2 and a homemade manual tuner, 20M long end-fed wire, inverted-L - no traps, no transformer, no counterpoise usually, and I jump from band to band often. With a fellow activator on the summit, it can get brutal working S2S on the same band, etc.

Working S2S conflicts with serious activating - yet many of us manage to compromise and do both.

Enough said - it’s a seductive trap to get into S2S, and many of you know that. I always wondered if I could catch up - and I was lucky with the solar conditions and recent weather out here. I hope that several of you get ahead and run with it - it’s cold now on the local mountains, and real winter is not far away.

Who will be first to 100K? One of you for sure!

What an amazing world we share!

Happy Holidays!

George/Carey
KX0R

12 Likes

Hi George. Congratulations on your significant achievement. You get out and often. I imagine that one day my pileup addiction will wane and I’ll chase more S2S.

One thing I noticed when activating in EU is that most ops don’t use S2S. As a result, it’s easy for their call to get buried by strong signals. Or if I got the call with /p, I’d be ready for the next call and then I’d get a summit ref , which I missed half the time. The S2S is so distinct that it busts through the pileup chaos. P2P is almost indistinguishable in a pileup.

Also, your homebrew work is at the same level as your S2S.

2 Likes

Epic total George! Such dedication to S2S is amazing and a lot of extra work/patience! Well done. Really liked your shoutout a few days back when I was able to give you the 10-points on Mt Bigelow (w7a/aw-003). Keep it up and we’ll be looking for you on the bands. GL GEO!
73, Jim K7MK

2 Likes

congrats George, a great accompishment.

2 Likes

Congratulations Geo/Carey! Love seeing you in SOTAwatch when I’m on a summit cuz you always have a great signal and your easy to find/work. I’ve got you in my log 163 times and I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone of them is an S2S. Good luck and 73, Gary/KT0A

2 Likes

Congratulations Geo. Quite an accomplishment! – C U on the bands.
Smokey, N6PKT

2 Likes

Congrats George. Looking forward to more S2S from VE7 Land.

Mike
VE7ESE

1 Like

Awesome George! Way to go!

1 Like