3 new Mountain Goats for the HB9 herd

Being the last Swiss SOTA Mountain Goat so far I had to wait several months for the next goat in the HB9 herd – my successor. And now, there are even three new goats within a few days!

. . . #36 is Peter, HB9TVK. There is already a thread for him here. His goat contact was a QSO with Andrew, G4AFI.

. . . #37 is Mark, HB9DBM. We know each other for many years from the local club here in Lucerne and had lost contact . . . also for many years, but have met again here. Mark enjoys the SOTA playground very much and is a real S2S addict. Thanks for many contacts and especially for the Complete for Salistock, hi.

. . . #38 will be Uli, HB9CGA, as soon as he has entered the two activations of yesterday into the database. I know him from some eyeball QSOs and the Swiss DX Foundation SDXF. He operates SOTA nearly exclusively in CW, but he has a mike at home and is a frequent chaser for me on SSB. Uli has made his way to the SOTA heaven in small steps over the last 10 years.

Congratulations to each of you, and cu further down the log or at the next HB9SOTA meeting!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

15 Likes

Congratulations Mark and Uli!
73 de Fabio, IK2LEY

Congratulations to Peter, Mark and Uli
73 de HB9CRY, René

1 Like

Congratulations Peter, Mark and Uli on your shiny MG status!
Thank you for your activations and QSOs we’ve had. Thanks also for your chases.

• HB9TVK: 23 SOTA QSOs.
  • HB9DBM: 28 SOTA QSOs.
  • HB9CGA: 69 SOTA QSOs.

Guru

1 Like

Congratulations to Peter, Mark and Uli.

73 Don ON7QR

Congratulations Peter, Mark and Uli

Glückwünsche auch von mir - bis bald auf den Bändern

Armin

Herzlichen Glückwunsch an euch drei auch von Carine und mir :sunglasses::sunglasses:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

Congratulations Peter, Mark and Uli in achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congrats to all three of these UFB activators. I only wish I had been in HB9 at the time so I could have had an S2S to help celebrate the occasion. Weiter so!!!
Paul HB9DST

1 Like

Congratulations, Mark and Uli!

73 de Rumen / LZ2AF

Congratulations Peter, Mark, & Uli !!!
73 rich N4EX

Dear Markus and all of you sending congratulations and good wishes,

thanks a lot for your kind words, very appreciated! It took me a while (almost 8 years) to “get the goat”, but it would not have possible without all you fine activators and chasers, making SOTA the fun what it is today. So a big thanks back to you, and hope to hear you soon again from a summit!

vy73, Peter HB9TVK

Picture: Some “Mountain Goats” I met on my way down after my activation of HB/OW-016. Seemed somehow appropriate :slight_smile:

goats_fuerstein

4 Likes