2023 W7O SOTA Campout Update

Wow, what a turnout so far for the 2nd Annual W7O campout! We currently have over 50 campers signed up, filling not one loop but nearly three !:astonished: If you are still on the fence about making reservations for this years Oregon campout I recommend doing so quickly, the cancellation fee is minimal if you end up not able to come. There are still a couple sites available in the D loop and then a couple B sites that are near the majority of SOTA campers. There are also a handful of single occupant campers that are willing to share their site. If this is of interest please email me and I can send you their info, and also add you to our group email.

For those that have signed up, I recommend doing some research on the surrounding summits and getting a tentative itinerary going for your activations, and putting in alerts when you decide to help pair up with others as this is going to be a pretty busy weekend with busy summits. Read summaries and ask questions. I am not as familiar with this area as I was the area of our last campout but there is info on pnwsota.org and sites like peakbagger.

This is going to be a great event with SOTA ops from several states, including those new to SOTA and many that are well versed in this excellent hobby. Hope you can join the crowd to visit, activate, and enjoy beautiful southern Oregon.

Current list of hams I have on list that are coming:
W9SSN, N0DNF, AG7GP, N7HAP, K7GT, K7AGL, W6PZA, WA7JNJ, N7NWT, K7AHR, KF7HIZ, KF7TED, K7ATN, K7IMA, WW7D, WU7H, W7MTB, KK7HJL, KJ7VDP, K7FOP, N7UN, K7EFW, WJ7WJ, K7MAS, NE7ET, KK7HWY, K2THY, NM5S, K3GX, KI7VEM, N6IZ, KK7DAK, KK7IUD, K7JRO, W7ETF, K9PM, K7MK, N7FRO, KK7HCY, K7GUD, KF7KAT, AF7WR, KI7BAR, KL7QT,NN7M, KK7ISX, N7KOM, ND7Y, KJ7BKH, AI6XG, NS7P, N6ARA, KI7YPO PHEW!!!

Amy
AG7GP.AMY@gmail.com

Below is the original announcement with more detail:

6 Likes

Hi Amy. KI7YPO is also coming and will camp with me.

2 Likes

Oops deleted by accident…trying again…

Cool! I see he’s not too far from me (compared to most ops). Have him send me an email if he wants added to the group email. 73

1 Like

Hi there! I’ll be there at site D02! KD7QOW

2 Likes

Great! I added your qrz email to our list!

1 Like

That’s great!

I wanted to come this year, but decided on the W1 Campout instead.

Next year … W7O Campout, or bust!

Andy, N4LAG

2 Likes