17/12/21, DL/PA9CW/p SOTA Tour DM/NW.

Friday 17-December I leave for Germany for a few days SOTA. I will stay near Lennestadt. It’s just a rough planning. So I will see if it’s possible to activate more summits a day. All depends on weather, traffic/road and chasers.
Friday 17 Dec :
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-134 1points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-003 4points (also DLFF-0112)
Saturday 18 Dec:
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-231 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-205 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-184 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/HE-075 4points
Sunday 19 Dec:
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-196 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-207 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-225 4points
Monday 20 Dec:
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-204 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-219 4points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-223 4points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/NW-230 4points
Tuesday 21 Dec:
:heavy_check_mark:DM/HE-025 6points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/HE-135 4points
:heavy_check_mark:DM/HE-548 2points
:x:DM/HE-509 2points

Rig : KX3 - CW - QRP - EFHW 40/30/20 meters.

Hope to work you from one or more summits.
73/44 - Tonnie - PA9CW

11 Likes

Hey Tonnie

I have never been to this area. But it is on my bucket list. :wink:
It’s always interesting to see which summits you can combine. I would be very happy about a report afterwards.
The weather is getting better (according to the weather forecast). I plan to make a few bonus points in the Vosges and would be happy about S2S with you… too bad you don’t do 60m (because of the distance)

73 Armin

2 Likes

Armin,

Yes, the weather looks better next weekend. Cold, but it will be dry and sunny. So that’s okay with me.
Sure I will look out for any S2S. The antenna I’m using is a home-made EFHW 40/30/20. But with the KX3 tuner it will be possible to come out on 60 meter. So maybe we will have a try for S2S on 60 meter when we `re both on the top of the summit.

Good luck, 73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

3 Likes

Hi Tonnie,
I hope you will have better WX for your DM/NW tour than me for 2 weeks ago when I went in DM/BW. enjoy your activation. BTW, did you have some advice about your EFHW 40/30/20 antenna ? How to build it ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Laurent de F8CZI

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,
I wish you every success with this program and, above all, the best weather for the activity. I hope to meet you. I have already activated most of the summits and hope to complet one or the other with you. Because of the distance, the best frequency will be 5MHZ. Best 73 ’
Paul DL6FBK

1 Like

Hi Tonie,

I just noticed that NW-75 Wurzelbrink is no longer valid. But NW-075 is not in the Sauerland either and is much further north…
Good luck while activating so much summits and less rain too!
73 Lutz

1 Like

Lutz,

Sorry nut it’s not DM/NW-075 but DM/HE-075. Type mismatched. :sunglasses:
I just corrected it.

Laurent,

I build this antenna. EFHW – PeanutPower It’s build with SOTABEAMS traps.
Sometimes I use a HyEndFed 40/20/10. But with the EFHW 40/30/20 you don’t have to change the antenna. I love it, because it’s easy setup and has 3 bands. With the 30 meter band, my favorite band.
With the KX3 tuner it’s also usable on 60 meters.

1 Like

Paul,

I will try some 60 meters. So let’s hope we work.

Not sure about the “44” Tonnie the F&F crowd seem to create more QRM! Joking apart, I always look forward to your tours and of course, watching the video afterwards. I am around for most of the days on your tour as we are minding two more dogs in our home while the family are in Wales, so I hope to be calling you on most summits! Here’s hoping it all goes to plan for you OM, what a great lead up to Xmas…

73 Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Phil,

Thanks for the reply. It’s always easy to pick out your call in a pile-up.
Making the video after the activation reminds me of the beautiful time in the mountains and of course all contacts.

I only do one FLora and Fauna in DL. Because the Sota is in that park. So that way I have double fun…. :joy: My main interest is SOTA.

Cu 73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. Might try the antenna…
Enjoy your stay in DL!

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,

Thinks for the link, I will have a look on it and may be built it for comparison with the antenna I use since about 3 years :

I had discovered this antenna by an join activation with Matt, OE6FEG when I stayed in Austria for the job. It is effective more simple to mount it than a dipole (thanks Matt).
Enjoy your trip.

Laurent de F8CZI

2 Likes

I have also built this 40/30/20 EFHW using traps and a wideband transformer. Some of the section lengths need adjusting though, as I originally tuned it up too close to my house.
73 Matt

2 Likes

Today was a foggy day with about 5 degrees. First I activated DM/NW-134 and made 30 QSO’S. I had a huge pile-up. I will edit it in my video afterwards when I will be back home.
After that I activated DM/NW-003 (DLFF-0112) and I made 45 QSO’s in 1 hour. And made 5 QSO”s on 60 meter.

Thanks all chasers. Cu tomorrow. I wil try to activate 4 summits.

73 - PA9CW - Tonnie

2 Likes

Today was again a foggy day with a temp about 3 degrees.
At the first summit I had again a huge pile-up. Just like yesterday.
In total I made 112 QSO’s on the four summits. A lot. In the past years I had some activations with a lot less QSO’s. Maybe the lockdown gave more QSO’s. :joy:
At the third summit, with a windmill, I had a vy noisy QRM. And a constant puls at every second. Maybe the powerlines in the ground. So I tried hard to get the 27 QSO’S in the log.
This third summit, DM/NW-184, is a drive-up.

Tomorow I will activate only 3 summits.

Thanks all chasers. CU tomorrow.

73 - PA9CW - Tonnie

3 Likes

Hi Tonnie,

Tnx S2S :wink:

73, Jarek OK8MA

3 Likes

Jarek,

Thanks for the S2S. Nice picture from your summit !

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW.

1 Like

I also hoped to work you when you announced your plans and I’m delighted for having chased you on 5 out of your 6 activated summits.
I’ll be looking for you again tomorrow and the following days except on Tuesday, when I’ll have some other commitments to attend.
Keep up the good work and I wish you very good luck.

Guru

2 Likes

Today, again a foggy and cold day.
The first summit, DM/NW-196, was a difficult one. It took me about one and a half hour to reach the top. The last half hour I had to get off the path. And through a forest, with many branches and tree trunks. Once at the top I made 33 QSO’s.
The second summit, DM/NW-207, is a tower. There I had a huge pile-up with 45 QSO’s.
At the last summit, DM/NW-225, it started to rain harder and harder. So after 16 QSOs and there were no more chasers, I quickly packed.

Thanks all chasers.

Tomorrow I will activate 4 summits.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

5 Likes