Hi all, I am heading to Mt Ginini (VK1/AC-008) this afternoon my time with the intent to focus on 10m/20m and depending on conditions, some 6m as well.
I am taking an Antron 99 (hey Mike, you are not the only one with an Antron 99) for 10m (and maybe a second half wave vertical as a backup), probably a 3 element yagi for 6m and of course the usual 40m OCF for the other HF bands. Will also have a stack of batteries for prolonged operations - fortunately this is a drive on summit, so I can take a little more gear than I would normally consider!
I am planning on starting at around 0600Z (12 Dec 15) and staying overnight, probably leaving early Zulu hours of 13 Dec 15. This should give me some good windows of opportunity for EU and W land on multiple bands and paths. I will be running around 100W, so with reasonable antennas and a reasonable station at the other end, I should be workable for a lot of people - propagation gods willing of course.
I will have internet connectivity fro Ginini, although it has been patchy in the past - might be better this trip due an external antenna on an internet dongle, but not sure how well that will stand up to a prolonged activation.
The weather forecast is looking pretty good, but if storms, high winds or potential fire risks increase, then I may be forced to terminate the activation - if so, I will ammend the alert accordingly. Hope to work as many as I can!