VK/ZL <> Europe SOTA S2S Party - 22 Oct 16 0630 - 0830 UTC

Hi folks,

Mike 2E0YYY and I are promoting a VK/ZL <> Europe S2S party to be held on Saturday 22 October 2016 between 06:30 UTC to 08:30 UTC, which suits long path propagation between VK/ZL and Europe and VK/ZL to JA.

The event is free and open to all activators across the globe using any mode you wish to try. Given the capability of CW versus voice, interest in CW is growing.

I have secured sufficient interest from VK, ZL and OE activators to proceed with the event. Mike has received positive responses from a number of G and EA activators. Alerts are starting to appear on SOTAWatch.

No matter where you are in the world, if you have time please join in either as an activator or chaser for what might be a WW SOTA S2S Party. :wink:

73, Andrew VK1AD

8 Likes

I did already have something on that weekend, but technically that’s at night and this is too good to miss. I’ve put an alert up for VK3/VN-020 Andrew Hill, seemed rather appropriate.

Will take the homebrew amp out for it’s first go on 20m. At the moment alerts are for SSB but I am happy to offend others with extremely rusty cw if required :slight_smile:

Andrew VK3JBL

1 Like

Andrew on Andrew Hill, very good. :slight_smile:

Dare I ask how many Andrews will participate?

Cheers,

Andrew VK1AD

I shall fish out a summit somewhere, sounds like fun with a good chance of improving my S2S score.

Will give me a chance to try out the LiFe battery and my MX-P50M amp together.

Hear from you on a summit.

Cheers, Nick VK2AOH

1 Like

Sadly :slight_smile: I will be in Hawaii, otherwise I definitely would.

Hope it goes well.

Andrew ZL3CC

That’s great!

I’m in.

I will activate CT/ES-007, CW (5W) into a trapped dipole or a endfed.

The concept (and credit to VK1AD and 2E0YYY) was publish in CT Sota website and CT SOTA Facebook.

73 de Pedro, CT1DBS

2 Likes

As per the Sota_Australia list - I intend to take part from DL. I’m actually away from my home location but have found a local summit (unfortunately only a 1 pointer) near where I will be staying. Other summits in the area have access issues so early in the day.

Ed DD5LP.

Count me in!

Bonus points for working an MT member! Well they exist in YO, ON, G, GM, VK & W6.

Double bonus points for working me or Tom.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Triple bonus points for NOT working them!:wink::grinning:

Ah, is that why it happens?

1 Like

Count me in, I’ll do my sun dance…

Will have the ultra light after burner with me also - OOOOLLLAAA !

This sounds like a lot of fun.
I’ll do my best to be out and about some one pointer or other (maybe a 2 pointer) in G/WB

Don

m0hcu

Do we have any ZL activators going out, that we know of yet please?

Never worked a ZL SOTA summit so far - actually also no VK7 ones either.

Ed.

Looking forward to party!
Will try all bands from 10 - 30m in CW.

Heinz, OE5EEP

If you are wondering where the VK alerts are, so far we have two posted to SOTAWatch, I have secured interest from Tony VK1VIC, Andrew VK1DA, Rob VK2QR, Bernard VK2IB and Glenn VK3YY. I expect you will see further VK and ZL alerts posted in the week leading up to 22 Oct 16.

73, Andrew VK1AD

How about bonus points for working the organisers VK1AD and 2E0YYY. Lets say 4 bonus points for working one and 10 bonus points for working both? :slight_smile:

Should be easy to code :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ed,

Warren ZL2AJ will be out…

73 Mike

2 Likes

Well I have one more day of VillainCon tomorrow, then a few days SOTAing in Central Europe, then back home. So there should be time to knock something up. Let’s leave it that for now. :wink:

3 CT stations engaged, so far!
CT1DBS, CT7ABE, CT7AGR. All CW.

By the way [quote=“VK1AD, post:17, topic:13999”]
How about bonus points for working the organisers VK1AD and 2E0YYY. Lets say 4 bonus points for working one and 10 bonus points for working both? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Could we use skype (just in case…) ? :innocent:

73 de Pedro, CT1DBS

1 Like