Video: 1st Activation OE/NO-160

Hello friends of SOTA!

Here you’ll find the video of 1st activation OE/NO-160 Groessenberg
produced by Gert, OE3ZK.

Besides the activation, we tried to show what a simple SOTA-station could consist of and how it could be setup - for SOTA-interested people and newcomer.

Tnx for 32 QSOs on 40/30/20m with my QRP rig.

hpe cuagn on the next summit, comments welcome
73 de Chris, OE3CHC

In reply to OE3CHC:

Nice video, well prepped equipment. Lots of good ideas.

Dan

In reply to OE3CHC:
Very interesting Chris, I like the dipole link point insulators. Mine have developed cracks and I could do with something stronger.

Ian MM0GYX

In reply to 2M0CFB:

White PVC 16mm oval conduit Ian. Under £2 from B&Q for a 2m length. Cut a piece about 6cm long and drill a couple of holes in it with a 3mm bit. In fact you can cut it with scissors and “drill” it with a screwdriver, no proper tools needed. Attach wires and hold in place with a Tywrap. Costs almost nothing, takes no time to make and weighs a few grams.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF and 2M0CFB:

you are right Andy - there are lots of easy and cheap solutions, which I am also using.

To Ian:
The main parts of my antenna are from www.dx-wire.de (DK1RP);
antenna wire is DX-WIRE-UL.

And yes - that is not as cheap as other solutions - but I like it - hi.

73 de Chris, OE3CHC

In reply to MM0FMF:
Andy, my first ones cost nowt, made from perspex (I’ve stopped drilled them and they’re ok for now). I fancy something more substantial. I’ll have a look in at B&Q.
Ian MM0GYX

In reply to OE3CHC:
Chris, your antenna looks great!

Ian MM0GYX

In reply to OE3CHC:

Hello friends of SOTA!

Here you’ll find the video of 1st activation OE/NO-160 Groessenberg
produced by Gert, OE3ZK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AEMDoont08

Leider kann man dieses Video in Deutschland nicht sehen:

“Leider ist dieses Video, das Musik von SME beinhaltet, in Deutschland nicht verfügbar, da die GEMA die Verlagsrechte hieran nicht eingeräumt hat.”

73 de Harald, DL2HSC

In reply to DL2HSC:

Harald, danke für den Hinweis.
Vielleicht gibt es eine zweite Version, aber jetzt ist Gert in 9A auf Urlaub!

73 de Chris, OE3CHC

In reply to DL2HSC:

The music plays fine in Switzerland!

I got so fed up with these copyright restrictions and with my government spying on me that I bought a VPN in Switzerland. Now all my government see is SSH traffic to Zurich. Sure the Swiss government can track me but I trust them more than my own and I’m outside the EU data retention directive as well :slight_smile: The downside is many search results coming back in German but that can only improve my understanding of the language and you can find the English version easily enough. But it’s a sad indictment of your own government when you trust a foreign one more than your own.

For those who can’t hear the music it’s “Walk Don’t Run”, a fine piece of sixties surf music.

Should I sign my messages HB9/MM0FMF as that’s where I appear to be?

Andy
(HB9/)MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Music plays fine in the Democratic Republic of Derbyshire.