Testing images in posts

Another test with FF with bogey image…

Works but only after GIMPing original.

1 Like

It’s amazing how many photos in the early part of the thread are now missing.

Well I reckon that’s now a dead one. I can’t remember when I junked my Flickr account - it was many years ago when it got too much hassle to administer. Just A N other thing to do. :joy:

1 Like

It shows something very important about the digital world compared with print. Nothing is permanent if it’s digital!

Huge amounts of “stuff” has been lost over the years as it was on somebody’s personal website and nowhere else. That’s modern stuff that’s been lost. Just think how much stuff to do with computers along from the 70s, 80s and 90s has been binned and lost for ever. There you are in 2002 with a shiny new PC Clone thinking do I need to keep all these old disks etc. and so you bin them. Then 2022 someone asks if anyone has a driver disk for a VESA VLB graphics card from 1991 and of course you had several till the big clearout.

In the case of photos on here something did happen and a number of old pictures hosted on here disappeared. That wouldn’t have affected photos that were linked to unless, as you did, the remote hosting was deleted. I don’t think we ran out of space but it was another reason why they vanished. Annoying. Makes you realise how important backups are.

2 Likes

Indeed… my brother had his lap-top stolen when his apartment in Portugal was burgled. He lost all his photos… no backup whatsoever! :frowning_face:

1 Like