Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Summit Search

First version of Summit Search now live.
Please have a play and try and break it.

Available from the ‘Summits’ link.

73, Jon

Good stuff. Might be an idea to allow it to regonise codes with the hyphen missing eg SP004 etc. What about with leading zeros missing as well? ie SP4, SP-4 etc.

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Jon

This looks great and seems to work very well - I have not broken it YET.

The instructions are a little confusing and also a little inaccurate. The main thing is that a search will NEARLY always find the highest summits, but not always. For example SV/AT-002 is higher than SV/AT-001. Perhaps this needs rewording. ‘Ben’ will also find a lot more summits than Ben Nevis!!!

As I am grounded today due to Judy being ill I should be able to put in a bit of testing effort.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Good morning Jon,

I just played with the “summits”-button. When I click in the regions-list, a table with all summits of that region follows. In that table is the number of “my activations” the same as all activations. My chases shows a number, that I can not assign (for DM/SX-003 - my chases 142!). Not bad but unfortunately not real :-). It is the same at all associations.
Maybe it is already on your work-list.

73, Steffen

In reply to DL3JPN:

Oops. It seems to do this when you are not logged in. I’ll address this.

Can you confirm Steffen whether you were logged in or not when you saw this?

Thanks
Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
I´m logged in as dl3jpn (right above).
It is the same after logout and new login .

In reply to DL3JPN:

OK, I think that has fixed it.
Please try again.

I have also limited the search results to 200 since it was possible to put ‘a’ in the search and get over 4000 summits back!

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Thanks Jon. It works fine now.

You did a great job. SW2 is a big improvement to SW1.

73, Steffen

In reply to M1EYP:

Might be an idea to allow it to regonise codes with the
hyphen missing eg SP004 etc. What about with leading zeros missing
as well? ie SP4, SP-4 etc.

OK, it now inserts a hyphen if it thinks it is missing (i.e. a number is preceded by two letters).

However, I don’t think putting in leading zeros is a good idea since someone might legitimately put in ‘ws-1’ to find ws-100.

73, Jon

In reply to GW4BVE:

The instructions are a little confusing and also a little inaccurate.
The main thing is that a search will NEARLY always find the highest
summits, but not always. For example SV/AT-002 is higher than
SV/AT-001. Perhaps this needs rewording. ‘Ben’ will also find a lot
more summits than Ben Nevis!!!

I have improved the instructions.

Sorry to hear you’re grounded. Although not that sorry, I am hoping to get a beta announcement out today so any last minute testing is greatly appreciated!

I am in London most of next week so if I can’t get it done today it will mean a delay of at least a week.

73, Jon