Stopping up late?

I’ll be heading out for a late activation (or two) tonight, and hope to get to work a few chasers. I hope to be QRV on 2m FM from the VX7, between about 2330 and 0020z, maybe shorter if it’s really cold!

The battery pack for the headtorch is fully recharged! :wink:

2 Likes

Best of luck! Don’t forget your hat and gloves it’s freeeeezing!

73 de Carl

1 Like

Yeah - so I see. Met Office says “Feels like” -5 degrees. Ouch.

It takes long enough to write pencil logs in while stood up juggling everything with two hands at the best of times. Chasers will need to allow extra time for the additional impairment (to dexterity) of the padded gloves tonight!

I’ve been at work all day, and played 90 minutes of football at the end of it. I’m shattered. Am I really doing this…?

Hi Tom turned the loft-mounted 5 el ZL special vertical and was listening from the home qth in Stourbridge on the off chance but nothing heard. Hope you got a few contacts and avoided hypothermia!

73 de Paul G4MD

Friday 2nd February 2018 - The Cloud G/SP-015

Nothing like as cold as the forecast would have had me believe - quite mild in fact.

Running a bit late, but still QRV on the summit by 2342z. Four easy contacts made on the 2m FM handie ahead of midnight. Sadly this did not include Rob G0HRT who could not copy his report; thanks for trying anyway Rob.

Saturday 3rd February 2018 - The Cloud 2018

Just three QSOs this time.