SSTV, digi

On Sunday 26th July I plan to activate one of the OK/US summit (will be specified which one). Not so interesting so far, eh? Hi. The aim of the expedition is to use also another modes then CW. I will be active in CW, SSB and SSTV, RTTY, PSK31, Hellschreiber. More details will appear here in reflector. And hopefully I will be able to spot myself during expedition.
Be prepared! hi.
73 Mirek, OK1CYC

In reply to OK1CYC:
Good luck with the SSTV Mirek,
What kit are you using for this? I am looking at doing the same thing here in the UK, netbook, XP, and a big battery!

You may struggle to be heard this weekend though on the traditional HF bands (80,40,20, 15 and 10m) - It is the IOTA contest Saturday and Sunday.

73’s

Tim
G4YTD

In reply to G4YTD:
Hi Tim,
I’m using IC706, antenna tuner MFJ-945E, vertical antenna and ASUS EEE 1000H. The power is about 60 Watts. I usually carry 17 Ah battery, so this time I will take two,hi. You can see my setup at ok1cyc | Flickr
I will try to start my activity at about 1200z on Sunday to avoid big QRM.
Mirek, OK1CYC

In reply to OK1CYC:
Will you be using MMSSTV or a digital mode, Mirek? I currently use Hampal but have MMSSTV available. I hope we can exchange pictures.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
Hi Brian,
I will use MMSSTV. Hope to see you and your pics.

Mirek, OK1CYC

Finally, I’ve decided to activate Lipska hora (OK/US-064). I will begin on 20m CW (abt 14.060 MHz). After that I will try another modes with emphasis on SSTV (14.230 MHz) and PSK31 (14.070 MHz). I should start at about 12:00 GMT.

So, the mission was successful, hi. I started with 14MHz CW and after 19 QSOs I changed to PSK31 (2 QSOs) and also to SSTV. Thanks to Nils SM5EEP and Jeff G4ELZ for two SSTV contacts on 20 meters. I especially thank Jeff, who is the “Chaser of the day” with 3 contacts to OK/US-064. At the end of the activity I moved to 40m band and made another 16 QSOs although the battery went down and down. Thanks to all the chasers and I hope it wasn’t the last time with “new” modes.
Some photos from the summit including received SSTV pics can be found at ok1cyc | Flickr

Mirek, OK1CYC

In reply to OK1CYC:

Hi, Mirek, conditions were almost impossible here due to a neighbours plasma TV, but I received one very grainy picture with your callsign just readable on it, better luck next time!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to OK1CYC:
Drop me an email next time you try this…I have a Kenwood VC-H1 (SSTV HT) that can interface with my HF rigs and I would love to try an intercontinental SSTV summit to summit with you usint the vc-h1

Tom-N2YTF