Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTAwatch outage

I am very sorry about the outage earlier.

I have switched SW1 to use SW2 data again so both systems have the same alerts and spots.

I am in London this week and won’t be able to do much dev work on SW2 but will try and keep an eye on it. If the problem re-occurs, I’ll revert back to the SW1 database as I did today.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Many thanks for your efforts today Jon. Having been in charge of a relatively small network and server, in my former employment, I can appreciate the fact that IT systems are not as robust as the client base expect. Many a time I had to use my laptop to make it appear that the system was just running slow rather than more or less defunct, whilst I toiled for many hours, at weekends and over night, to correct the faults.
Roger G4OWG

Thinking back the problems only started when the powers that be made us change fron Novel to Windows 2000 server with the advent SQL databases :slight_smile:
Roger G4OWG

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Thanks for all your efforts Jon. SOTAwatch 2 is very professional and a superb system. We are very lucky to have you as you as a developer.

Have a good trip to the smoke - yuk.

73 John GW4BVE