SMS spotting update

If you don’t use my SMS spotter you can ignore this.

I’ve done some heavy updates to the code, mainly internal data reorganisations and flow improvements. The main aim being the ability to support non-SOTA summit spotting.

My tests show it all is working. Now it’s time to see what happens when it is exposed to real users. This means is that service may be a bit lumpy over the next few days. But I shall be keeping a very close eye on things. If something really nasty shows up I can switch back to the old code.

However, your appreciation that there maybe issues (read that as you spot and nothing happens or spots are delayed a bit) during this test phase is requested. Note that this does not apply to users in North America (SMS_NA), the changes wont be rolled there for a few weeks.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

The main aim being the ability to support non-SOTA summit spotting.

Ah, but… surely your spotter outputs on SOTAwatch. If I use it to spot from a non-SOTA summit then it won’t appear because it will be filtered out. Or have you set it up so WOTA spots go to the WOTA site, HuMPs spots go to the Summits one, etc. If so, then top marks my man!

Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Yes.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yes.

Hmmm, thus spake the Activator! :-))

In reply to MM0FMF:

Well that went better that I expected. I’d only made one error in part of the code that handles APRS spots and it caused everything else received after the first APRS spot to get stuck in the queue. Considering the scale of the rewrite I’m happy with that. Sadly it meant Steve G1INK’s “going qrt soon” spot wasn’t sent till 9pm along with Rick M0RCP’s APRS spots. Sorry for that.

Andy
MM0FMF