S. Arizona SOTA gathering

SPRING 2017
GATHERING OF SOUTHERN ARIZONA SOTA ACTIVATORS, IN TUCSON
Sent via e-mail to known Southern AZ activators on 2017 MAR 14 Anyone with an interest in SOTA is invited.

NEWS: Our last gathering was held in May, 2016; it was most enjoyable! The last of the snow is going away on most of the higher peaks; so time to escape the heat and head up there. There is a good chance that SOTA’s top Alabama activator AE9Q, Dave and XYL Linda, will be able to join us; same for our SOTA friends from central and northern AZ.

WHERE: To make it a bit easier on our friends from 10-pointer-land to the North, our gathering will be held at the Golden Corral Buffet, on the North end of Tucson, just off Interstate 10. Owing to closure of Ina Rd. for the next 2 years, directions are as follows: From the North, take exit for Orange Grove Rd. and proceed Eastbound to traffic signal at N. Thornydale. Turn left. (Northbound) From the South, exit I-10 at the Sunset Rd. exit, proceed Northbound via a frontage road to Orange Grove. Turn Right (Eastbound) to the traffic signal at N. Thornydale. Turn left. (Northbound) Thornydale is a divided road, so a U-turn will be required in about a mile, after passing the Golden Corral. Then proceed Southbound to the restaurant. The restaurant is set back from the street across a large parking lot. Golden Corral Address is: 6865 N. Thornydale Rd. Phone No. is: (520) 544-0350.

WHEN: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, at 6:30 PM

WHAT: Informal get together to meet, greet, welcome new activators, chasers, spouses, friends, etc.
Show and tell your experiences, routes, favorite peaks, radios, antennas, etc. Wear a name tag, hamfest badge, etc., if you have one.
The Golden Corral is a buffet; food and drinks will be on a no-host basis. Hope to see you all there.

All best,
Ken, K6HPX

2 Likes

Looking forward to it Ken

March 25th is the Tucson Spring Hamfest…kill two birds with one stone?

SOTA and Hamfest?

Pete
WA7JTM

I would really enjoy this but I’m running the Boston marathon on Monday 4/17 with my YL and we won’t be back until late Tuesday evening :frowning:
I’m also dreaming of activating a W1 peak…but it’s extremely unlikely I’ll be able to.

But thanks for setting it up, and hopefully I’ll be at the next one (or at the hamfest on the 25th)

73, Keith KR7RK