RE :- SOTA talk at TCARS

Well done Tom & Jimmy for a most excellent talk at Thornton Cleveleys Amateur radio society on Monday the 11th August.A few members this week had showed an interest in the chasing aspect and didn’t realise that HF was as active as 2m .Some members don’t have VHF or UHF rigs.
To all who climb the hill thanks for the points lads & lasses as I am unable to climb but I sure can work you all
Thanks
John Earnshaw
M0JFE
Ride The Waves And Make New Friends
Packet M0JFE@GB7FCR.#16.GBR.EU
EMAIL sweevo555@btinternet.com
mobile 07940815659

Thank you for the kind words John. The TCARS gang were a great audience as well, if I may say so. I am very pleased you all enjoyed it. Jimmy and I certainly did. Get them to let me know if they want any of my other talks (Pennine Way, GI SOTA, Offshore Pirate Radio).

Nice to hear that some members have started SOTA chasing. You must encourage them to enter their logs on the online database too.

Thanks for buying us the brews at TCARS!

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Just want to also add to John M0JFE comments with regards to the SOTA talk at TCARS. Excellent Tom and both Jimmy and your goodself through these talks both not only advertise SOTA, but also increase radio activity on the bands through the SOTA programme… Was nice to meet both of you and look forward to working you from your next summit.

Ian 2E0EDX

Thanks for the kind comments Ian. Much appreciated. Nice to meet you too. You have met most of the Macc radio club now!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Posted your offer of talks onto the committee so many thanks again
Catch you on the band
John Earnshaw
M0JFE
Ride The Waves And Make New Friends
Packet M0JFE@GB7FCR.#16.GBR.EU
EMAIL sweevo555@btinternet.com
mobile 07940815659