RadCom September 2018 p14

Bringing this one back from the dead - I activated GW/SW-033 Wentwood yesterday and found a cable tie hooked into one of the eyebolts on top of the trig point. This may have appeared recently as there has been three previous activations of that summit this year and I would expect my predecessors to remove it. The tie had been cut and left, it seems to have formed itself to whatever was there, as on butting the cut ends together it forms a “D” shape with the straight edge about 7 cm long.

Any clue as to what this “D” shape might be?

(Perhaps something exotic, like a portable morphic resonator to regulate the local blit/slood balance! :grinning:)

Found these padlocks on the trig point on Shining Tor G/SP-004. I hope no one reports this to the RSGB for them to write about this in Radcom to accuse SOTA activators of putting these padlocks on the trig point.

Jimmy M0HGY

Yet another on Carnedd y Filiast GW/NW-032:

Very obviously not SOTA-related (useless for pole support). I wonder what they mean? Some kind of tagging I’d guess.

Finally I found one where it was actually useful to employ a cable tie.

Of course mine is releasable. Only useful because the pole was a few metres away.

And yes, there was one of the rogue ties already on this one. Arenig Fach TP1985 (Carnedd y Bachgen – The Boy’s Cairn?)