POLL: Do you have a tablet?

I’ve always seen them (iPad and mini) as different because of the market segments they sell into Ed.

Snap!

Android tablet

I have one 7 inch android.

Thanks for all the votes and comments. Especially Stephen’s note about Android and menus.

With 102 voter, the figures show Android tablets beat Apple tablets 2:1 in the number owned by SOTA people. I would have thought the Apple figure would have been a bit higher, nearer 1.5:1. Windows figures are as I expected. If I were to do this next year, I’d expect to see the W10 tablet a lot higher.

I’ve been able to use the database on my nexus 7 for quite some time using the long press method. It took me a while to figure it out and just assumed it was a quirk of Android. :confused:

Victor GI4ONL

Hello …
HP Pro x2 612 soo Win10 now NOT 8.1 !
Vy 73! de Rob.

Very nice. There are some excellent pieces of “Windows” hardware around now, including ultrabooks and convertible laptops.

Android.
Martha W0ERI

Android and a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. Liking the Surface Pro.

I have two Android tablets and an Android phone.
I run VK port-a-log on the summits for logging and to send and receive spots.
When I get home, or sometimes before I leave the summit, I upload the auto created CSV file/s to the SOTA database.
When I get home I import the auto created ADI file directly into Log4OM.
If I activate a WWFF area I email a second auto created ADI file to the local WWFF coordinator for upload into the WWFF logsearch.

Peter VK3ZPF

iPad.

Andrew VK1AD

Windows 10 w/o detachable keyboard

Also, another vote for having the drop-down menus in the SOTA database functioning on a tablet and phone.

Gerard - VK2IO

i can’t vote on the first post :frowning:

Im an apple funboy.

iPad is my vote. (simple answer)

(complex answer)
After getting the 2015 Retina Macbook which is as thin as an iPad I use that for anything HAM related (windows virtual machine etc). Before that I also tried a windows 8 tablet for a month but it was really bad experience (not because Im an apple funboy… I wanted it to work! really.)

The poll is closed Tasos.

hehe sorry i had no idea :smile:
thanks

7" Android x2, one rooted. I don’t use either one for SOTA activations.

Thanks for all the votes and comments.

I’ll close this thread now as the actual poll is closed.