Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

OT: Pin Header

Dear All,

I thought I would ask here before ordering a fiddly and not-quite-what-I-want SMD connector from the USA. I know we have electronics professionals among our ranks so it has to be worth a try.

I wish to interface to a Trimble Lassen iQ GPS module that sports a 2x4 pin header. I require the mating (female) connector, however it has a pitch of 1.27mm or 0.05" in old money. Ideally I would like a female connector with a flying ribbon cable. Failing that a non SMD connector would do. In the worst case scenario I can settle for an SMD connector and hope for the best - this is what I’ll have to do anyway if no one can point me in the right direction.

All suggestions listened to attentively!

Thanks and 73,
Dave M0MYA

In reply to M0MYA:

I might have what you need. Will have a look in my workshop and let you know

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to M0MYA:
What I have is a 2 x 5 way female but you would need to get your nose close-in and solder to it. It has been used but is OK.

If it will do email me direct with your address and I will put it in the post - barryhorning “at” btconnect “dot” com

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

Thanks Barry, replied off-list.

Dave M0MYA