After my very first activation this Saturday on a very accessible summit (ON/ON-027), I already learned many lessons for my future activations.
While I enjoy experimenting with the station set-up, and making the contacts, I really did not like to spend the remaining of my week-end wrestling with the related administration: reading my awful handwriting (even when my hands are not frozen as they were on site) to input the QSO’s in my logging software, guessing the times I had not written down during the QSO’s, uploading the relevant records with a new call (these are my first QSO’s logged as ON6ZQ/P), to eQSL (with an “attached” callsign), and Lotw (with the required new certificate).
Having finally managed that, I discovered that the upload of the logs to the SOTA database requires yet another format. Searching for a ready-made converter only gave me “404 not found errors”.
So I decided to write a converter that will at least save me the manual entry of the QSO’s of my future activations.
As the work to write the program for local use and the the work to put it on-line were nearly equivalent, I published it on
It works for me (ADIF produced by DXkeeper), but I am sure many adjustments will be required to handle the files generated by other logging software.
I am willing to improve the tool as needed: just send me the ADIF text and a description of what does not work properly. I’ll do my best to fix it.
73 de ON6ZQ.