No. American SOTA Day...Now

It’s on, ladies and gentlemen. The annual North American SOTA day has started, with W7/DL6AP first off the blocks. Dozens more to follow, and some of us are staying on peak through the night. Happens only once per year, so…
COME AND GET US !!

Elliott, K6ILM

In reply to K6ILM:

Although many eastern Activators will be thwarted by a widespread line of t-strms from New England down to the Carolinas on Saturday. Sunday promises to be, well, more promising. See http://www.weather.com/ for the latest info.

Guy/N7UN

In reply to N7UN:
Yikes, already there are 40 alerts in North America, plus two unannounced spots. A record. Holy fiddloramapackaloomer.
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

In reply to K6ILM:

Thanks to those who listened. I’m sorry I was so late in getting on the air-- the thunderstorms, wind, and hail kept me at the trailhead in the truck for close to 4 hours, and there were two whopping big new houses where the road to peak #2 was supposed to be. Still, a fun day with lots of activity.

73 de KB3UYT
Eric…

In reply to KB3UYT:
Wish I could have been there guys…

Too much local noise here to hear a thing. I cant even hear the local eu stuff from Stockholm.

Tom
SM/N2YTF

In reply to N2YTF:

Tom,

I have been looking for you on 14MHz SSB yesterday. I did not work any Scandinavian station. Not sure if the band was open in your direction at all.

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to OE5EEP:

Thanks Heinz!

Unfortunately the noise level at the Stockholm QTH was terrible, and even in other parts of the city I could not work anything. I could not even work the FM satellites from Stockholm. A Swedish friend thinks all of the new noise is due to new airconditioning units being installed as well as a proliferation of plasma TV sets.

Finally today I visited the SSA club station SK0TM and chased 3 summits. SK0TM has a remote receiver far away in the archipeligo as well as nice beam somewhat away from downtown and that made all the difference.

Tonight I am on my way to Gotland Island, EU-020 where I know the noise level is much better. I will have the Alexloop always ready to go in the car as well as the arrow antenna for the FM birds.

73 & thanks again,
Tom, SM/N2YTF