The latest v 1.90 RC2 version of WSJT-x has just been released and is available for diownload from Sourceforge here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-1.9.0-rc2/wsjtx-1.9.0-rc2-win32.exe/download
(that’s the windows version - Linux etc. versions are also available from Sourceforge).
I’ll let you know what’s new / different when I find out.
Here we go - from the Doco: (https://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/wsjt/wsjtx-1.9.0-rc2/wsjtx-main-1.9.0_en.pdf )
WSJT-X Version 1.9 offers nine different protocols or modes: FT8, JT4, JT9, JT65, QRA64, ISCAT,
MSK144, WSPR, and Echo.
New in Version 1.9
For quick reference, here’s a short list of features and capabilities added to WSJT-X since Version 1.8.0:
• New FT8 DXpedition Mode to facilitate high QSO rates in pileup situations
• Decoding improvements for JT65 mode, including a priori (AP) decoding when VHF/UHF/Microwave
features are enabled
• Optional Auto-Sequencing in JT4, JT9, and JT65 when VHF/UHF/Microwave features are enabled
• Better suppression of low-confidence false decodes generated by AP decoding in FT8 mode
• Improved decoding performance for WSPR mode, especially effective at LF and MF
• Minor adjustments to auto-sequencing behavior
• More flexible Doppler control features for EME
• Improved waterfall sensitivity for very weak signals
• Automatic real-time forwarding of logged information to N1MM Logger+
• Expanded and improved UDP messages sent to companion programs
• Bug fixes and other minor tweaks to user interface
So this is the 2nd. release candidate (not yet 100% stable) version that has the extensions for use on DXPeditions and includes a varriety of performance and reliability improvements.
FT8 DXpedition Mode (Advanced tab in settings).
• Check Fox if you are a DXpedition station operating in FT8 DXpedition Mode. Check Hound if you wish
to make QSOs with such a Fox. Be sure to read the operating instructions for FT8 DXpedition Mode.
(Document here: physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf )
• SSB transceiver and antenna
• Computer running Windows (XP or later), Linux, or OS X
• 1.5 GHz or faster CPU and 200 MB of available memory; faster machines are better
• Monitor with at least 1024 x 780 resolution
• Computer-to-radio interface using a serial port or equivalent USB device for T/R switching, or CAT
control, or VOX, as required for your radio-to-computer connections
• Audio input and output devices supported by the operating system and configured for sample rate 48000
Hz, 16 bits
• Audio or equivalent USB connections between transceiver and computer
• A means for synchronizing the computer clock to UTC within ±1 second
FT8 DXpedition Mode:
• This special operating mode enables DXpeditions to make FT8 QSOs at very high rates. Both stations
must use WSJT-X Version 1.9 or later. Detailed operating instructions for FT8 DXpedition Mode are
available online. Do not try to use DXpedition mode without reading these instructions carefully!
FT8 DXpedition mode is suitable for use only by legitimate DXpeditions and those
attempting to work them. Do not try to use DXpedition mode for normal FT8 operation.