New Keyboard to Keyboard mode at FT8 Speeds

Hi All,

Just wanted to raise attention to a new digi mode I am beta testing at the moment, called FT8CALL, it is FT8 speed but not click and collect like the the FT8 mode. It is keyboard / macro based and sends longer messages over a number of ‘overs’ and tells you when you have received the last message etc.

Below is screenshot of the actually UI and another look a the activity in 40 & 20 from PSK reporter over the last 24hrs.
Details below. Actual download is from that groups.io as it in beta at the moment. It is built on the WSJTX app, I use it on my portable raspberry pi.

https://groups.io/g/ft8call

2 Likes

Wade, is this FT8Call mode having anything to do with the new FT8 mode pretty mysteriously announced on the ARRL website: Significant Changes in Store for FT8 and MSK144 with WSJT-X Version 2.0?

related in the first 3 characters of the name only.

W

1 Like

Been invited to be part of the dev / testing group. I have been running it almost every day for the past month on 20 and 40. Had full QSOs with Guam, Japan, VK6 and ZL. Also interested in the FT8CALL > APRS-IS integration too for location sharing.

VK1MIC