Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Lonely Jon

Poor Jon was getting a bit lonely here as none of the MT are Chasers and so we didn’t use his flashy new facilities! Hopefully you will give him lots of feedback.

Richard
G3CWI

Well, Richard, I think it’s about time that you delved into your logs and posted a chaser score to frighten us all!!!

Logs? :wink:

I think l should stick to programming!

Left the feeder at home!!

.Currently bodging. No ATU. Hmm.

If your bodge gets you on 40/80 please listen out for some very slow bad morse from mid Wales!
Thanks
Quentin GW3BV

Sorry to have missed you Quentin. You have now become my must have Welsh DX - I will be listening out in future!

I managed to stick half the dipole in the air and half on the ground as a couterpoise and then got a connection to the 817. Got tolerable matches on 20, 30 & 40 but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get a match on 80m.

It was a magnificent pm/eve though. White, driven snow, sastrugi, blue sky and stunning views. I’d forgotten how amazing this place can be after a month of solid rain and gales!!

Regarding slow morse, bring it on!! I love slow morse. I think there were a couple of stations today responding to my 12/13wpm CQs at about 20-25wpm. I didn’t manage to copy their calls and didn’t feel too bad about not responding to them!! Had it not been -3degC I might have sent QRS and persevered!

73, Jon