Kids' Day Summit Activation - Sunday, 21 June

Weather permitting, I’m planning to activate a new summit Sunday, the 21st, in the northern Black Hills: W0D/NW-023 (Mt. Theodore Roosevelt) while on my way to a meeting in Sheridan, WY, the next day. My wife and daughter are coming along on the trip for a little vacation.

To add a bit of a twist to the activation, my 8 year old daughter, Kylee, will be working Kids’ Day contacts from the summit (with me as the control operator). Kylee has done a fair amount of operating from my home station, including a fair amount of contesting and will hopefully get her license in the near future.

So if you work Kylee on Sunday, please be ready to give her your name, QTH, age and favorite color! This Kids’ Day activity is really fun for everybody – I don’t know who enjoys it more: Kylee, me or the operators that work her. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can have some fun starting at 1800 Z this Sunday (21 June) from W0D/NW-023 (see the alert). We will put emphasis on 14 and 21 MHz SSB, running 5 w to a tuned dipole 20’ up. It would be great to get some EU contacts in the log (if conditions cooperate)!

Randy, ND0C