K6MW reached 10K Shack Sloth status

Yesterday I achieved my goal of reaching 10K Shack Sloth status. I want to thank all the ops that patiently survived my CW contacts and all those that made the effort to put some incredibly challenging summits on the air.
After discovering SOTA 15 months ago, my main goal was to improve my CW proficiency.

Although a ham for well over 25 years, my CW skills had declined to keyboard entry… F1-F2 and a contact was complete. During the course of the last year or so my sending with a key has steadily improved from abysmal, rusty, past embarrassing into semi-functional. I have a lot more work to do, but thanks to the phenomenal group of activators I’ve run into in SOTA, there’s hope.

73, Mike

6 Likes

Congratulations Mike!

And thanks for the 12- and 15-meter QSO’s yesterday! I appreciate them greatly.

Keith KR7RK

Congratulations, Mike!

Thanks for all the QSOs and for the QRS cw.

Peter KD0YOB

Congrats on your achievement Mike, well done. Thanks for a bunch of Qs.

73, Dan NA6MG

Congrats Mike on your 10K . All the best and keep chasing! de Scotty KG3W

Congratulations on your 10K milestone Mike!
Gary
K3TCU

Congratulations on Super-Sloth!

Walt NE4TN

1 Like

Well done, Mike!
CW forever!

Ken

Congratulations Mike on achieving Super Sloth.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations Mike and many thanks for all the QSOs!

Paul K9PM

Congrats Mike and look forward to many Qs in the future.

Mike - ke5akl

Congrats Mile! Although we made a few SSB contacts and i have nothing to do with your CW skills improvement, nevertheless - it is an incredible achievement and dedication! Hope to work you again and maybe see you at the Pacificon. All the Best and 73!

Nicely done Mike! Thanks for being there for all of us activating peaks. It’s always great to hear your call from the peaks here in Colorado.

73, Brad
WA6MM