Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

How about

…making the activator’s name clickable and allowing them to enter some basic info including a picture of them? Could include links to their YouTube and Flickr accounts and their database page.

Richard

I suggested this under “disappearing activations”. I was only joking of course but then again…
Q

We have a concensus then!

In the longer term I would like to be able to get more useful information from the database. At present a “mouse-over” gets activator name, summit name and point value. Clicking on the summit reference gets some additional data depending on the SOTA Association. I might get UK grid, Irish grid, locator square, degrees/minutes/seconds or decimal minutes. As a position, however defined, is still a position, it would be nice to have user-defined options to report that position. For example, regardless of how it is stored, I would like to have locator square and UK or Irish grid if applicable.

Another nice option would be to specify a summit and find some useful information about previous activations. We can already find number of activations and callsigns. I am thinking of a summary of activator QSOs per band/mode. That way it would possible to check the most in-demand options from a well-frequented summit, eg. all previous activations were on 2m FM so a 60m activation would be very popular.

I fear I haven’t made myself totally clear, but I think it would be more useful than a photo of me!!!

73 de Les, G3VQO

I could print out the photo and use it for darts practice!

CWI wrote:

…making the activator’s name clickable and allowing
them to enter some basic info including a picture of them?
Could include links to their YouTube and Flickr accounts
and their database page.

A definate possibility!

73, Jon

Jon

A NEW POST button on the top of the main SW2 page for the reflector bit would be handy perhaps?

Richard

Another thing missing is the ability to quote part of a main post that you reply to. If I hit reply to a post somewhere in the middle of a thread, my reply will not make sense as it will appear to refer to the previous post.

Richard

You seem to have an echo on your transmission Richard !!!

It’s my CB power mike that does it.

but in realaity I have no idea why everything I write seems to appear twice. I click once only…

In reply to G3CWI:

Another thing missing is the ability to quote part of a main
post that you reply to. If I hit reply to a post somewhere
in the middle of a thread, my reply will not make sense as
it will appear to refer to the previous post.

Howzat?

It now puts in ‘In reply to G3CWI:’ at the top of the reply so you know who you are replying to in the middle of a long thread.

And gives you the ability to quote the original message.

Go play.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Neat. Thanks!