Ham Fair 2018 TOKYO

Hi SOTA Lovers

We are going to have Ham Fair 2018 TOKYO in this week end, the biggest ham radio event in Japan. Venue is as follows

Date: 25 and 26 Aug 2018
Time: 25 Aug 10:00 to 17:00 and 26 Aug 10:00 to 16:00
Place: Tokyo BIG SIGHT West Hall #2
http://www.bigsight.jp/english/

Entrance fee : JARL member 1000 yen, Non JARL member 1500yen, Youth under 22Y and Ladies are FOC.

DSC_0998_1_R

SOTA Japan association will have stand alone booth from this year. Location of booth is J-04. Its near by JARL booth.

All SOTA JA team will explain the current status of SOTA activities in Japan.

Hope to see you soon mate.
Take care

Toru K
JH0CJH / JA1CTV

3 Likes

Ladies FOC??? Yeah! Let’s go! (I wish) :rofl:

Good news for the Japanese Ladies Radio Society JLRSTop

Wishing you a great event

Helen M0TMD (a YL)

2 Likes

Well that’s either a free entry or all YLs are considered to be highly accomplished CW operators! :slight_smile:

Anyway looks good, have a great show Toru san.

I wonder if there will be any new radio announcements from the “Big Three” in Japan? Let’s see…

2 Likes

Hi Helen

Yap, this new rule has been introduced from this year. :rofl:
My hair never grown in a week… Then I have to pay.

Thank you and see you some day!

Toru K

1 Like

Hi Marc

Yes there is JLRS (Japan Ladies Radio Society) booth exhibit there activities in Ham Fair.

Yaesu FT-DX101D and Kenwood TS-890 will gona be a eye catcher.
Will see any thing from ICOM. Will let you know next week.

Toru K

1 Like

Looking forward to the Ham Fair Toru! Will definitely visit the SOTA stand.

Glenn VK3YY.

1 Like

Hi Glenn,

Good to hear that you can join for the event!
Will see you soon mate.

Toru K

I would expect ICOM to release their IC9700 2m/70cm/23cm SDR rig and perhaps Yaesu will have an operational FTDX101D and Kenwood may officially release their TS890S for sale both of these have been shown non-operational at Dayton & Friedrichshafen.

I look forward to hear what else is new at the world largest ham radio event.

73 Ed.

1 Like

Hi Ed,

Yeeees!, it has been announced just a year back in Ham Fair 2017 and haven’t got any news about it. Me too expecting the following announcement and update. Will see any info about it and will let you know after Ham Fair.

Wait for a moment mate.

Toru K

Hi Glenn

We are going to have SOTA drink party on 25 Aug at 17:30 near Shiodome station. And I got noticed one vacancy on the party. Total 22 peoples are joining it and If you have interest please come and join the dinner. Farid from Hongkong also join it. Its one hour free drink party with 2500 yen. If you have an interest please let me know. I will send the details.

Toru K

Hi Toru
I would really like to go, but I already have a commitment on the Saturday night unfortunately.
Thanks,
Glenn.

Hi Glenn
OK understood. Anyway will meet up there.
See you soon.

Toru K

Hi Ed

IC9700 will surely be there. I’m exciting to see it.
Demonstration using actual model will be made on these days.

Toru K

icom announced IC9700 will be launched by end of this year.

1 Like

Well the IC-9700 has now arrived in the UK (in small numbers) - all being well mine should arrive on Tuesday in time for this month 2m UKAC. If the WX is not too bad I will be /P near to Cleeve Hill G/CE-001 (but not in a manner that counts for SOTA).

1 Like