HA/KM-025 Help

Hi all. I will be travelling to Budapest in a few months time. Looking to complete a SOTA whilst out there. HA/KM-025 is the intended target. If any local amateurs could offer some public travel options/routes that would be muchly appreciated. If anyone local wishes to join in, would be good to connect and make arrangements.

Adrian
MM0TAI

Hi Adrian!
HA/KM-025 is a very popular summit, with well marked tourist paths and plenty of public transport options, 30 - 40 munites walk up to summit from any nearby city bus or tram stop. I have forwarded your message into our local mailing list, hopefully local hams from Budapest will provide more details.

Janos
HA4FY

Hi Adrian,

As Janos said this summit a quite easy to reach. Iā€™d happy to give you more details and to join you on your activation. Just need more details on your plans: how long will you stay in Budapest? Do you plan to activate on a weekday or weekend?
You can drop me a mail at {mycall}@freemail.hu

Zoli

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
I would be more than happy to help you, and depending on your schedule, I may even be able to join you. It is essentially in the city of Budapest, and public transportation is available to get to the location, from where it is about 3 kilometers round-trip to the hilltop. There is a nice lookout structure to climb and attach the antenna to. Do you plan to activate on HF or 2m-FM perhaps? Since it is close to the city there are enough hams to activate on 2m, however not many speak English. HF is always a sure bet for activation. Depending on your schedule here, it may also be possible for you to join some of us, and get to other hills, perhaps even with higher points. Please contact me at istvan@gmail.com.
73 ā€“ Istvan ha5clf, n9eu, m0kvl

1 Like

Emailed you zoli.
Adrian

Istvan, I tried to email you also but got an automated response saying it was undelivered to the address you gave.

Adrian, I hope you got my reply.

Zoli