GD and Summits

Hi
Jon, I have noticed a curiosity on the Summit info section. In the GD area I am down as having chased 2 of the 5 summits. I have in fact chased 4 of the 5 and the summit info link from the alerts/spots shows this.
Any idea why the summit list would show differently? I haven’t checked any of the other regions, GD is nice and short!
Cheers
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Quentin

I think that SW2 downloads certain stats from the database only once every 24 hours so you may find that your GD total updates tomorrow.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to GW3BV:

I believe that the “chased” area of the summit info is updated in batches, rather than in real time. Assuming that your two “missing” summits have been worked in the last couple of days (from GD4MD/P), the system has not yet caught up. Have faith - it will!

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Just done a fresh import of the chaser logs. Try now.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Hi all
Yes all summits are now listed. I had assumed it would have updated itself automatically. I hate to think of Jon burning the midnight oil manually updating everything…
989 points at timing of writing. Hoping for GD4MD/P but he seems to have done 2mt FM on Snaefell and know its gone quiet. Oh dear.
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Hoping for GD4MD/P but he seems to
have done 2mt FM on Snaefell and know its gone quiet. Oh dear.

He’s been and gone on 5MHz. Not many contacts as few could hear him. No copy here in Cambridge :frowning:

In reply to M1MAJ:
I had to go out so in the end I didn’t even get a chance!
I don’t know what setup Paul was using, be interesting to see if he was /qrp. Still I now only need Snaefell to complete the set. Anyone offering? :wink:
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Q,
sorry to hear you missed Snaefell, I believe Paul was on the 817’s rubberduck but he was a great signal here on 2m when I worked him. He had a really big pile up and was busy for quite some time before he QSYed to 5mHz I could have worked him easily on five as well but was having a local chin wag at the time.
I believe Steve M0SGB is going to be doing the IOM summits during TT week in June so I suspect we will be listening for him on the days there is no racing (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday) no doubt he will confirm this nearer the time.
I wanted to do the same thing, as this year is 100 years of TT and had visions of using a special callsign such as GB100TT, but the XYL said she could find better things to spend the money on :o(

Regards Steve GW7AAV
http://gw7aav.googlepages.com

In reply to GW7AAV:
I wanted to do the same thing, as this year is 100 years of TT and had visions of using a special callsign such as GB100TT,

Sorry to say Steven you cant use this callsign as it’s already been issued to i.o.m.a.r.s you need 6 months waiting list.

Isle of Man now CANCELLED.

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:
"Isle of Man now CANCELLED."
The whole island or just the race?!
My VHF antenna and qth are terrible so no hope there, 5 megs or nothing today. It was a pity I missed him but I am sure the opportunity will come round again. Its funny how a SOTA day goes. At the start of the day I reckoned on a possible 40 points. I ended up with 22, a good haul, and several of them were summits I wasn’t expecting, whilst missing out on ones I was expecting.
Funny old game.
Q

In reply to GW3BV:
We will do them all in July if you can wait that long,
Cheers
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to M0SGB:

SORRY my activation for the isle of man in June is cancelled,
not the TT race,
if any one else wants todo it got for it,
Great time and Great hills, Great people on island ,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

In reply to M0SGB:

SORRY my activation for the isle of man in June is cancelled,
Steve m0sgb

Disappointed to hear that Steve :o( - maybe next year?
Maybe Q can persuade GD3YUM to run up there if he hasn’t done it already this year. Martyn is usually around on 5mHz in the mornings.

Regards Steve

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin, congrats on the 1000! Very sorry to have missed you when I was on 60m from Snaefell, I was having problems with the antenna (couldn’t get SWR below 10:1) and as a result rig was only putting out a watt or so. Generally was getting reports of 3/3 or less, I hope I worked whoever could hear me, which wasn’t many :frowning:

Looking forward to helping you to your second 1000,

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:
Thanks Paul. Not to worry about Snaefell. You helped with two new ones for me on GD. Look forward to working you again soon.
Q