G4MWA/p activation today

Hi
Just been speaking to Fred on the phone.
He and family ascended coniston old man(g/ld-013)today in reasonable conditions but when on the summit the weather altered and it was obviously for safety reasons that he deceided to abort after only 4 contacts. Apologies to all who were dissapointed.
David G6LKB

PS they all came down safe and well.

In reply to G6LKB:

The points don’t matter one bit, Fred and his family’s well being counts for everything.

Good call Fred, sorry to have missed you, but there is always another time.

73 to you and yours Fred.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G6LKB:

Thanks to David for posting this message on my behalf, and for the enjoyable afternoon we spent together on Gummer’s How.

It was a great pity that the weather conditions didn’t allow us to stay long on the summit of Coniston Old Man. I could hear a lot of chasers calling me, and I would have very much enjoyed working many more stations. Hopefully next time the sun will shine for us!

Many thanks to all chasers who worked me on Coniston Old Man, Gummer’s How and Lingmoor Fell. Once again I was given a warm welcome to the Lakes, in the best spirit of amateur radio and SOTA. The whole family really enjoyed our short holiday, and although we’ve just arrived home we’re already planning our next Lake District trip!

Best 73 to all,
Fred,
GI4MWA