G/NP-017 Fountains Fell

As of last week I qualify for the over 50 plan. I know, I’m still a bairn though compared to some activators. I’ve been licensed since 2005 and never known HF so bad. Heres my activation video from yesterday…

73 Chris M0RSF

6 Likes

Hi Chris

Thank you for the contact and the video. Nice to hear what my voice sounds like at the other end :grinning:. My rig was an Icom IC7000 into an 80m doublet. Looking forward to an S2S with you one day.

73 Allan GW4VPX

1 Like

thanks for the QSO Chris. Thsts a great video. By the way, I was using identical setup (817nd and a Sotabeam dipole) . 73 David EI7GEB

Hello Allan, as you can hear your kit is working well.

Thanks for the QSO and a S2S would be great one day.

73 Chris M0RSF

1 Like

Hello Chris, Thanks for the 2m QSO with you on Fountains Fell G/NP-017 and for the video.
Deep QSB on 80m and nothing at all on 40m. Bands up and down and hardly any propagation over that distance for me. Glad we were able to make 2m however. Many thanks 73 Rob G0HRT

Hello David, that’s a nice photo. Thanks for the S2S QSO, not a bad contact at all.

73 Chris M0RSF

1 Like

Hello Rob, thanks for the 2M FM QSO. If you watch the video again you will notice on the display on my 817 that I was running 1W when I worked you.

73 Chris M0RSF

Nice video Chris. Comparing our logs, it looks like we just missed each other :slightly_frowning_face:. I was walking between LD-005 & 014 whilst you were active. Hope to catch you next time.
It was certainly a great day for a walk, glad I didn’t bother carrying the HF kit this time :wink:

Thanks Andy, shame I missed you for a S2S QSO but I couldn’t stay long on the summit as I had a friends wedding reception to attend that evening. I’m sure there will be other times.

73 Chris M0RSF

Not bad at all - we were almost parallel. Great contact . Thanks/ 73 David