Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

From Russia with love-2

From 4 to 8 August, the team consisting of RA9WJV, RX9WT and RK8A will be on the SOTA expedition in reference
RU/SO-002, RU/SO-003, RU/SO-004, RU/SO-006, RU/SO-009.
All the mountains have the number 10 , therefore, the activation is difficult. It is planned to work on HF bands 10-14-18 MHz and 144-430 MHz. The frequency of 1290 MHz will be tested for the first time. Wish us luck!

I don’t know your times however there will be VK ops having a winter S2S party tomorrow Saturday.

With a bit of luck may come across your friends on the higher bands. 30M may be a good band to try.

Good luck with your activations, 73’s Wal VK2WP

.emphasized text

4 August is Saturday here (N Yorkshire). I accept we may be in different time zones (if not on different planets :wink:)

OOPs sorry all! Not sure how that happened. I’m sure I looked at the wall calendar - seems I misread it.

Good luck with the Russia - VK contacts today.

Hello everyone! Activation of two peaks by R9U/SO-002 & 003 is over. August 6 we had a day of rest.
Today, August 7 we will sturm peaks R9U/SO-004 (Bolshoy(Big) Shelom -1427m) & R9U/SO-009 (Maliy(Little) Shelom - 1337m). We will use callsigns : R25RMA, RX9WT/p on 14063 - CW, 14285 - SSB.

L to R: RX9WT - RK8A - RA9WJV. Rest after activation )))

I have been keeping an eye on Sota Watch for your activations but have not heard you yet. I look forward to making an SSB contact with your team.

73’ Don GW0PLP.

IO72 West Coast of Wales.

Hi, Don! I am sorry, but we had only two TRX: 20 W for CW & 5 W SSB. It’s very little power for such a long distance. In the next expedition we’ll have 20 watts on SSB.I hope we’ll be able to make QSO.
73! Vlad.

L to R: RA9WJV - RX9WT - RK8A

We worked Callsign R25RMA to 25 years of the RRC - Russian Robinson Club R9U/SO-004

The altitude of 1437 m above sea level…

Hi Vlad,

I did listen for you on 18mhz ssb but could not hear you. I also listened for you on CW (My CW poor) I wonder how many contacts you made to how many country’s? The photo of your country IS very impressive and congratulations on your SOTA activation efforts. Maybe next time you will be in my log?

73’ Don GW0PLP.

Remembering the attempt of winter solo activation of the R9U/SO-002.

Storm wind and frost made the installation of the antenna extremely difficult. For 15 minutes of CQ-ng on the air, the fingers finally lost sensitivity.
To my great regret, no one answered my call…
In summer, of course, activating the summit is much easier. And nicer)
Thanks to my friends Marat and Vladimir!
Thanks to everyone, who answered our call!

Hi Vlad / Guys

Good solid 559 signals from R9U/SO-004 in the Ural region on Wednesday on 14061 KHz. Thank you for activating such a rare association, and showing your photos. Lucky I was here when you were QRV!

I know the RRC - the Russian Robinson Club is very active in IOTA work - now also within SOTA.

73 de Phil G4OBK

Yes, Phil! I remember that connection. It was interesting! We have many plans to activate the mountains . Marat RA9WJV-he is our Manager for the Ural region R9U and Vlad RX9WT he is a very good traveler and HAM: he had previously passed a lot of peaks in winter too. The RRC club has 25 years now. The main activity of the IOTA club, but the mountain program SOTA is also relevant. See you again! 73!

RK8A (RW9WR - OK8ACW) 73!

https://dxpedition.wixsite.com/ri0c
https://dxpedition.wixsite.com/mozambique

Hi,Don! At 18 MHz SSB we worked for a very short time and the transmitter had only 5 watts. The dark time came and we hurried back to the camp. Maybe next time we’ll do a QSO? We will have many more expeditions… I hope to see you again! 73!