With several countries now gaining 60 metres I wonder if there’s interest for a 60 metre activity session - say a window of 4 hours or so on a weekend day?
Points to discuss / note.
- Overlap frequency (s?) between the the UK blocks and the WRC15 allocation. (are there other European countries with different block locations?).
- Best time of day from a propagation point of view - I’m thinking late afternoon/early evening?
- Possible cross-band contacts to 40m, 80m or 2m for those who can receive 60m but are not allowed yet to transmit there? - or would this be too complicated? Do cross band contacts count in SOTA?
- Power - WRC15 limit is 15w EIRP, do we all conform to this or those countries that are allowed more power simply use what they can - In my case I’ll be running the FT-817 barefoot, so it’ll only be 5 watts MINUS the inefficiency of the antenna so I won’t be over the 15w EIRP.
POLL: Please chose up to 6 options below
- I am interested in activating on 60 metres during this session
- I am interested in chasing only on 60m during this session
- I am in a country with the WRC15 recomendation implemented
- I am in a country with 60m but not the WRC15 band
- I will run SSB (upper sideband)
- I will run CW
- I will run a digital data mode
- I would prefer a Saturday activation period
- I would prefer a Sunday activation period
- Both Saturday and Sunday are OK for me