Combined SOTA / WFF report

Hello SOTA and WFF Friends.
You can watch my lastest video via: - YouTube
Have a good fun
The album via: http://picasaweb.google.com/F5LKW.SOTA/SOTAFCR272LeMontounierWFFFFF135ForetDeFontBlanche?feat=directlink
Thanks to all for nice QSO and see you next
73 QRO Roger

In reply to F5LKW:

Great video just a pity about the sound track.

“This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is restricted playback on certain sites.”

In reply to GW7AAV:

Everything works ok here Steve - must be summat to do with you living in the Principality.
Nice video by the way Roger.

In reply to F5LKW:

You do realise that putting music from a commercial source in your Video is a copyright violation?

I don’t hold with a lot of the modern copyright/patent ideas, but in this case you are using someones recording without paying them for it. That is stealing!

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G1INK:

Works okay direct on YouTube in areas where they pay Sony royalties but not on linked sites or in certain other countries. Just a bit of a pain for SOTA TV. There is lots of good Royalty Free stuff out there.

In reply to G8TMV:

Except in this case Sony Music has an agreement with YouTube. In some regions the music is licensed and so plays back. In areas not covered by the agreement the audio is suppressed.

This would appear to be copyright actually working with YouTube paying Sony for the right to play Sony material.

Andy

In reply to MM0FMF:

Except in this case Sony Music has an agreement with YouTube. In some
regions the music is licensed and so plays back. In areas not covered
by the agreement the audio is suppressed.

I wonder how it identifies the music? Is it because the creator of the video embedded an mp3 (which contains id tags) I wonder? If so then it could be circumvented by directly inserting the audio stream.

Colin

In reply to G8TMV:

Is it because the creator of the video embedded an mp3

No.

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=youtube+video+identification

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G8TMV:
Thanks to all for your comments.
Colin, I didn’t steal anything cosly i bought my compact disc 20 years ago.
My movie isn’t a commercial product, only for SOTA FEVER hobby.
YouTube gets partnership with sony.
But if you prefer i can change the sound track to another one.
By the way i only want to play the SOTA mind ;-))
73 QRO
Roger

In reply to F5LKW:

Thanks to all for your comments.
Colin, I didn’t steal anything cosly i bought my compact disc 20 years
ago.

As M6LEP said in another thread; “There is a responsibility on video producers to ensure that they are permitted to use any background sound-track they choose to use in that way. Usually simply owning a copy of the CD does not confer such rights.”

My movie isn’t a commercial product, only for SOTA FEVER hobby.

That isn’t an excuse - you are still using something you don’t have permission for.

YouTube gets partnership with sony.

That is only ok in the areas where it’s true, it doesn’t work everywhere on youtube and not at all in other places like vimeo.

In reply to G8TMV:
Yes Colin ! I’ll change the sound track.
I deleted this version.
;-))