Allgäu Main Ridge activity

Hi everybody,

If wx will permit (at the moment: go) I am planning to leave for Holzgau, Lech valley this afternoon and take a north western route towards the main ridge, trying to get as close to the ridge as possible and move on as long as daylight will permit. A bivak at round about 2000m ASL will be my place for the night. The first summit is going to be OE/TI-160 on wednesday at roughly estimated 5.30 or 6.00 UTC (for the early birds amongst you), I would like to proceed to DL/AL-009, OE/TI-164 and maybe DL/AL-013 lateron, if possible. Unfortunately the wx is far from being optimal but the actual condx to cope with the stings should be ok. Nevertheless I can’t give accurate times. Else, my rucksack is way too heavy with all that additional crap so I might end up with two or three summits only. We’ll see :slight_smile:

73 Bernhard DL4CW

In reply to DL4CW:

Viel Spaß & Glück Bernhard. Wecker ist gestellt - aber welche QRG?

Gruß

Gerd.

In reply to DF9TS:

Hi Gerd, I will be on 7032 or 10118 ± qrm as usual but most probably only one band per summit, battery power - and time - are limiting factors.

73 Bernhard DL4CW

Hi everybody,

finally returned home from my 4-summit-activity. All went smoothly, but definitely need a bagful of sleep now. Many thanks to all callers!

73 Bernhard DL4CW

In reply to DL4CW:
Well done Bernhard. It was great to QSO with you before I left this morning… thanks.

73 Marc G0AZS

PS I hope you were carrying your 10 x 8 plate camera around with you today. Just like Ansel Adams would. :slight_smile:

In reply to G0AZS:

:slight_smile: I am afraid not, this time I didn’t even have a digicam with me, like other non-elementary stuff it had to stay at home, to save as much weight as possible. This turned out to be a mistake, I came into some very impressive scenes which would have been well worth of being taken a picture of, like capricorns, loads of chamoises and marmots, not to mention the beautiful landscape itself. Although my mobile phone has got a built in camera, the battery had been suffering from the cold night and I saved the remaining charge just in case an emergency would occur. The rucksack-space for a serious digicam was consumed by a plastic bag filled with 800g of cooked pasta instead, which was my breakfast and dinner. I also had a set of “energy bars” with me, two of them “double caffeinated”, I can recommend these :slight_smile:

73 Bernhard DL4CW