Advance Notice - Lochgoilhead region, week 27th J

Just a note to give advance notice that myself and my son will, hopefully, be activating one or more of the summits in the region of Lochgoilhead, Scotland, during the week commencing 27th July. Activation will be on HF, initially 40m SSB then moving up the bands as conditions and time dictate. I cannot state exactly which day as its dependent on other family holiday activities. Tx power will be 5-10w dependent on the battery. Operation will be close to the designated QRP phone frequency (as this is where the antenna is cut for)

I will try and spot as we head onto the hills, but phone coverage may be poor or non existant. If anyone works us please also spot us.

Summits intended to be activated are GM/SS-027; -041; -046; -069; -089; -108; and -111. We probably wont get them all done, but we’ll try for at least a couple.

Cheers

Martin G7MRV

All ready to go, and looks like the weather will be good!

Activations will take place between 29th July and 3rd August (with the possibility of a couple of quick ones from the Lake district before and after, time dependent)

All activation dependent on weather and family commitments. I have just tested the SMS spot system, and checked phone coverage, which is supposedly excellent, so self spotting should be ok.

Martin G7MRV