2E0HJD New Super Sloth

Many congratulations to Mick 2E0HJD on achieving membership of the elite Super Sloth club after his second contact of the day with his friend Klaus DF2GN/P on DM/BW-087, just seconds ago.

Mick is only the second 2E0 and therefore, not full licence holder to achieve this goal, the other being Nigel 2E0NHM.

I think that the achievement is even more spectacular than most, knowing that Mick, and Nigel for that matter, has persevered with the job, without the use of 5 MHz SSB and no cw in his sota armoury.
With either of these tools as his disposal I’m sure he would have reached 10,000 chaser points a long time ago.

Well done Mick, I know how hard the last few points have been to come by but you can relax now and have a few celebratory beers.

Vy 73
Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Well done Mick. You made it at last !!!

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Nice one, Mick. Well done - and a just reward for all that perseverence on 2m SSB. Always a pleasure to hear your dulcet tones!

73, Richard

Hurrah !!! Made it at last Mick. I know its been a bit of a struggle the last few weeks with contacts being few and far between. Welcome to the ranks of superslothdom HI.

Mike G4BLH

Nice one Mick you did it, thats two of us up there. No more pulling your hair out for the points you can retire now like me.
Congratulations
Nigel
2E0NHM.

In reply to GW0DSP:

Congratulation Mick - well deserved. Hopefully will work you 2 ssb when I visit the Lakes and Dales this October.

73 Glyn

In reply to GW0DSP:
Well done Mick - well deserved - I won’t mention the 17 summits 89 points you got for CW :wink:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GW0DSP:

Nice one Mick well done you can have a beer and the wine to hi.

73 Terry
G0VWP

Well done Mick 'spose you won’t be interested in one measly point from SW-034 this evening then…

Always glad to work you!

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:
Congrats Mick ,i could feel the tension in the air as you waited to pounce,Gud on ya lad! 73 GEOFF,G4CPA

In reply to G4CPA:

Hi Mick,
i´m home now again,

big congrats to you !! vy well done job…

think i need a bit longer to get 10000 chaser points :wink:

vy 73 Klaus

Many congratulations Mick. I’m always pleased to work you when I am out on the summits. You are certainly one of the most reliable Chasers “oop norf”, even looking for me when the chance of working me on my shielded single-pointer is slim.

All the best for the next 10,000. I hope to be donating a few points to the total.

73, Gerald

In reply to GW0DSP:
Well done Mick
david G6LKB

Very well done Mick. You are always a welcome voice when I am up the hills.

In reply to GW0DSP:
congratulations Mick. All the best for the next 10,000.

73 Barry M3PXW (The Whippet)

Many congratulations to Mick 2E0HJD

All the best Gordon MM3XGP

Many congratulations, Mick, on your fine achievement. It’s always a pleasure to work you.

Best 73,
Fred
GI4MWA

In reply to 2E0HJD:

hi mick

congrats and well done mick ,at my qth its the other way round for me over 90 % of qso’s on HF but we got there didnt we. but your’s a bit more difficult i think.

73s alistair

In reply to GW0VMZ:

To reach 10,000 points with limited power and modes requires the utmost dedication. Many Congratulations and very well done.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Ah Well done Mick, a great achievement particularly when you have done it without 5 MHz and of course the obligatory CW. What is more amazing is you have achieved it without acres of real estate and perfect antennas but you have shown it can be done so hats off to you.
You have shown great dedication, you are a great ambassador for SOTA so very well done.
Here’s to the next 10k :))
best 73 Ian