🫵 Your SOTA needs Chasers!

One of the things that I enjoy about SOTA is that activators need chasers and chasers need activators.

Whilst I have a paltry 53 activator points… I now do have 1003 chaser points so many thanks to Mal @GW6OVD up on GW/MW-001 for getting me to 999 points and Ester @EI4KT up on EI/IN-031 for getting me over the line - I hope you both have a safe descent.

So, that’s at least one of my SOTA targets for 2023 sorted out… It’s now mince pie celebration time.

73, Lea.

26 Likes

The points will come all in good time. I am yet to break 100 activator points. Keep on activating/chasing.

Cheers
john
m0vaz

3 Likes

Well done Lea. Get your order in for Shack Sloth certificate and trophy asap :grin:. Mal and Esther had nice pile-ups today and they’ll be delighted they tipped you over the 1000 points :+1:

73 Allan

2 Likes

Got Ian and Esther as well today and Mal Also just after passing another mile stone ,now with 2046 chaser points so second time around ,well done on your first 73 ,William DE 2I0WMN

3 Likes

Nice one Lea! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

We need to stick together in this SOTA activity, most Activators are also Chasers, I would say a greater percentage of my CW chasers are also Activators on SOTA. I like chasing the DX Activators to give a score because I know the thrill of getting a DX score myself when out on a summit.
Take care .
Ian vk5cz …

6 Likes

Congratulations on becoming a Sloth, you can now enjoy Christmas from a sofa. :slight_smile:

When I started my focus was on summit points but reality dawned when I discovered this would involve hours of driving from my QTH so I have spent more time chasing. This was how I managed to master, to a very limited degree, a CW QSO which I have subsequently used from summits.

I’m at about 700 Sloth points so should join you soon. Perhaps this needs to be my 2024 target? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi John,

Christmas on a sofa sounds too comfy… I am more tempted to get back on top of Dunkery Beacon with some mince pies for the winter bonus and add to my 340 s2s points.

I’m also learning Morse so a CW QSO is a target for Jan 2024.

73, Lea.

3 Likes

The weather forecast looks excellent for tomorrow - sun and light winds. I’m tempted, but I think I’ll wait until January before trying DB again as I’ve already activated it this year - and every point counts! :slight_smile:

After a wee enforced break from radio, I’ve been lured back by SOTA. I’m enjoying doing some Chasing and getting my radio ready for some winter walks. Activation will start in the New Year. I’m grateful to the Chasers who patiently wait, dealing with my inability to estimate when I’ll get to my target peak. The Summit to Summit contacts or the unexpected DX are such a thrilling bonus, too. What’s not to like?

4 Likes

But not in the winter bonus period - you can still claim the extra 3 as I did today on WB-005

Rick

1 Like

That’s true of course but if I wait until January it will be 5 points with one activation. However, the forecast does look good for tomorrow…

1 Like

But don’t the winter bonus points also reset on 1st January? So if you activate Dunkery Beacon tomorrow (I sense you’re trying to talk yourself into it :wink:), and get the 3 bonus points, you can get more bonus points if you activate it again during the winter bonus season from January. Happy to be corrected!

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that! A potential 8 points with two activations, which is not to be sneezed at down here. :slight_smile:

And yes, I think an activation is on. It seems a shame to miss a good weather window. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent. Hope it’s a good one!

Hi I just made my 1000+ chaser points been a great year ending with some great activations of 8pts and 10pts summits. This weekend some good 8 pts activations on the cards. Enjoy.

4 Likes