Wrong Ref spotted Sunday Aug 7th

Hi friends,

have seen that the spots for 30 and 40m at 12:02 to 12:24UTC mentioned DM/BW-855. But I was still on DM/BW-094 as the previous spot 11:57 for 20m said.
Think this happens when the alerts are set 3h apart, but the first activation runs into the last hour of the S+3h window, overlapping with the S-1h window of the next (DM/BW-855). With RBN → SOTAWatch.
First activation was a bit late vs. plan due to the nice chat with my old friend whom I visited that day in this area :slight_smile:
Apologies to the chasers, CUAGN on the bands !

73 andy DL2DVE

1 Like

I think this is four hundred and twenty third million time I have written this and one day people may heed the advice. :slight_smile:

If you are doing multiple summits set your alert to use a wildcard and extend the alert window. That way RBN spots the wildcard and chasers can ask you for the reference.

i.e. alert for summit “DM/BW-???” and the comment can include “S+8 doing several summits, check summitref”

You will be spotted by RBN as being on DM/BW-??? rather than being spotted on the wrong summit.

2 Likes

yes I know Andy, therefore I sent my apologies…

could keep original alert time or by setting the alerts more than 4 hours apart or making the windows more narrow with S+X…

The world wont end Andy. You have enough to do on the summit already and the one long alert using a wildcard puts all the effort onto the chasers not the activator. It accommodates you doing the summits in any order and for delays etc. It makes the activator’s life easier.